The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#38946 - 11/11/04 11:09 PM "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Everyone, this is my first message on this site. I am so glad to find like-minded women. I am especially glad to find those with an interest in writing. I am currently in transition as to where I am living and I am currently staying in a Holiday Inn (long story.) So... I was wondering how to continue to market my book, and I came up with an idea in the shower. I approached the GM of the hotel and asked if it would be all right to host a book signing event in the lobby on a daily basis. Yes, yes, yes. I am also an artist. I was getting lonely painting in my room. So I asked if I could have a space in the lobby for on-stie painting: "Meet a local author/artist." I'm learning that no matter where I am I can bring my work with me! Love and Light, Lynn

#38947 - 11/12/04 12:20 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Wow, Lynn. This is a prime example of a "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" mentality. Good for you! God bless your efforts, and I pray your situation improves daily. Welcome.

Donna

#38948 - 11/12/04 01:04 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Lynn.....excellent idea - you're absolutely making the best of your situation - having a signing/show right there in the lobby will certainly get you exposure AND some interest in your work. GOOD FOR YOU and welcome to the Boomer network of wonderful women.....I wish the best for you. [Wink]

#38949 - 11/12/04 01:15 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome Lynn,
What a great idea! Glad you found us.

#38950 - 11/12/04 01:32 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn, you definitely deserve the Lemonade of the day award.
You go girl. There are bound to be rewards and blessings beyond your wildest imagination for determination like that. Prayers are with you.
smile

[ November 11, 2004, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#38951 - 11/12/04 03:45 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lynn,
Welcome friend. Every once in a while someone comes along and stirs our hearts. You've done that for me today. I've always believed that God watches out for us and leads us where HE wants us to be. Maybe this is what is happening in your life now?

What a fantastic idea you've had by putting yourself in the lobby and painting as patrons move about. They are seeing your work, admiring it (I'm sure) and let's face it, everybody likes being around creative people so my guess is you are gaining in popularity! Also, the gravy in all of this is that you are getting your work done! What a win-win situation. You are to be sooo admired for coming up with such a clever idea. Hey you artist out there, see what's she done? You need to market yourself like this...

You go girl...and I'm so happy you've joined our world. I'm sure it will be a better place because you have! Well, that is as long as you realize I da Queen and whatever I say goes...k?

Okay...okay...that's a lie. A girl can try, can't she? (teehee...)

JJ

#38952 - 11/12/04 04:42 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lynn welcome, welcome, welcome. I love creative people and you my dear lady seem to have that market cornered for yourself. Only good can come from your wonderful ideas and I for one will be waiting to hear the latest news. Good luck and give em hell....or heaven whatever the moment calls for. [Wink]

#38953 - 11/13/04 02:44 AM Re: "Beyond the Tears" Boomer
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
WOW Lynn, what a great idea! I commend you for your creativity and your chutzpah, and add my welcome to the very happy chorus here.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved