The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#38330 - 09/02/04 02:43 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
I know I will write again. I can't help myself. It's a "got to" thing, not a "want to" thing.

However, everything I write at the moment sounds like an obituary. Seriously unfunny. I'm considering shaving my cat just for the material.

I hope this passes. I think it has as much to do with the fact that I have about a million things going on in my life right now as anything.

I am planning an Expo for men and women that want to work from home here in Kansas: Be Your Own Boss Expo and I am also a para for special needs kids at a local school this year. I've been working at home for a long time and felt I needed to get away a little bit. I spend my days with mentally challenged children and I even give meds via a g-tube to a little boy twice a day.

As you might imagine, none of these things are funny.

Ya'll keep me in your thoughts and send me some good vibes.

Or chocolate.

Or money.

[ September 02, 2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Sher ]

#38331 - 09/02/04 05:19 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not only do you hope it passes, but so does the cat....Listen, I visited your site about the EXPO and I gotta tell ya, you have a ton of stuff going on...a ton. I have a column and a poopie other job...big deal. You have a life, and all these things going on.

I say go get um girl. You are capable, intelligent, a workaholic of sorts, and okay, your funny...

I know you will get back into the swing of writing again, and it might take you getting MAD at that editor to do it...whatever works. If it were me, I would go right back to him and submit something else. I would NEVER let him get the best of ME...ain't no way hosea...

Bubba and Earl standing by.

Hugs, JJ

#38332 - 09/03/04 05:06 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sher, what a full plate! How do you do it all? Do you ever sleep? You also have the site about money too, right?

Where did you learn your computer skills 'cause I'm guessing you do all the work for your sites too. Right?

#38335 - 09/03/04 11:10 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi everyone! What a remarkable group of women this is! (I've been slowly checking out all your websites.) I totally agree with Speakermom. It's not only okay to take a break from writing; sometimes it's critically important that we do so. One has to inhale before one can exhale.

#38336 - 09/06/04 11:39 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Sher Offline

You all are great. I'd like to buy you a all a Coke. [Smile]

My plate is a little full. It really is. But, I miss sitting down to write and having it flow easily. At the moment, it's just not pumping for me.

This weekend I took my daughter's cat to her. It was a two hour trip and our vet prescribed some lovely cat valium for him to make the ride easier on everyone involved. It was hilarious to take a car trip with a stoned cat, but when I sat down to write about it, it was like pulling teeth for me. I couldn't finish.

I think my funny bone has been fractured.

And on another note, I need to find someone that will proofread my writing for me and I have no idea who to ask. I want someone that will be critical in a nice way... or else I'll wind up under the table with my frosting can again. Mr. Man will sometimes help, but he has a tendency to want to re-write what I've written and I have a tendency to want to box his ears.

I will read and re-read something twenty times... thinking I have caught all the grammatical, spelling and other errors only to read it again in a month and be so embarassed I could die for what reads like a third graders essay.

Who do you guys use? A friend or relative? Someone you hire? I think Prill mentioned a niece who was brutally honest with her.

#38337 - 09/07/04 01:02 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Sher-- Have no fear, your funny bone's still intact. [Wink] (You made me laugh--again.) In terms of finding an editor, I recommend the trial and error method. As you said, you want someone honest, but kind. I showed snippets of my work to lots of people--and received lots of questionable feedback--before discovering my niece right under my nose.

#38338 - 09/07/04 04:58 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Sher,
Can you just send a gift certificate? I am afraid my coke would be flat by the time it arrived.
Love,
La
Hmmmm...what is it like to travel with stoned cat? Does it eat all the time? Does it say, cool, whooooa or dude, or any combination thereof? Does it swat at things no one else can see? Hang from the top of the cat carrier? Just sleep?

#38339 - 09/07/04 06:17 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes, please details on the stoned cat. I laughed outloud when I read about that. No you haven't lost your sense of humor at all.
I will take the cola too. Sounds good!!!!
Maggie

#38340 - 09/07/04 01:10 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Sher Offline

Sorry, you have to be present to get the Coke. When you go to the trouble of buying the world a Coke, the whole point is to have everyone show up at your house so that you can all hold hands and sing while you drink it.

My stoner cat has finally come down from his high. My daughter said once he ate an entire pizza and a box of Little Debbie's, he was fine.

#38341 - 09/07/04 02:11 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm sorry but you lost me. I've eaten an entire pizza, a box of Debbies AND one bag of Oreo's...so?

JJ

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved