The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#38150 - 08/13/04 09:56 PM Re: On becoming a Writer...
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Evie,
Take the fried chicken "drippings" add flour, salt and pepper and milk to the skillet and stir until smooth, thickened and so delicious I can't believe I am sitting at this computer not making fried chicken, white gravy and mashed potatoes.
La
PS In Woodland, CA at Don's Diner on Wednesdays (what is it with Wednesdays and fried chicken) they prepare a soup called "Cream of Fried Chicken Soup". I suspect it is just chunks of fried chicken and potatoes wallowing around in a healthy bath of white gravy. Yummy delish! Mmmm, yum delish!

#38151 - 08/13/04 10:01 PM Re: On becoming a Writer...
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
sure sounds good - I think I just gained five pounds reading about it....

'scuse me, I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard........

#38152 - 08/14/04 12:51 AM Re: On becoming a Writer...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
fix a slab of REAL country fried ham (NOT bologna and NOT Canadian bacon) to go with that and girlllllll....it's so good you'll have to slap your grandma!

YUMMMMM!

JJ

#38153 - 08/14/04 02:21 AM Re: On becoming a Writer...
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
I think we're still talking about being a writer here, although somehow we veered off onto men and sex which is infintely more interesting. :-)

I have been writing ever since I could hold a pencil. I remember the thrill of holding one of those thick pencils they used to use to teach kids to write with way back when, and how awesome it felt to make marks on the paper. Perhaps I just didn't have enough to do at home, who knows! Anyway, I managed to get some little poems published in my home town paper when I was in first grade, although there wasn't much happening in that little town with one stop light so they probably printed my poems just to take up space.
But I knew from the get-go that I was addicted to seeing my byline in print.

Sincerely,
Kelly

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved