The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#37684 - 09/15/04 11:46 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Good luck with Sun Louisa....they are SOOOO busy it may be a while before you hear from them so don't get discouraged.

Personally I LOVE rhyming poems....I love poetry PERIOD, but when I write poetry it's usually rhyming...just a preference I guess. [Wink]

#37685 - 09/16/04 01:43 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Louisa,
You might also want to join their forum board. The publisher DOES frequent that area and answers questions, so if you DO get discouraged, you could post something there????

Just a suggestion. The link is:

http://p081.ezboard.com/bthesunrisingpoetryplace

JJ

#37686 - 09/16/04 02:08 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks, jj. I'll try the link.
My writing group is on our second anthology since May. In fact, it came out today. It's called Trail Blazers. In this one, there are I believe, 10 writers. We all contribute. Our teacher puts it together on the pc, edits, I proof and edit some more, then it goes to the printer. This time we had 175 copies printed out, perfect bound, color cover, 100 pages. I won't see it until tomorrow. [Frown] In it, I have two stories and 4 poems. [Smile]

It is a collection of short stories, poetry and essays. This time we are targeting local libraries. (Our last one got into one library) We have a few book nights planned. I'm going to cover one in October since the teacher can't be there that night.

It's a lot of work. We stay fairly local, except for the ones I sent all over the place on the first book [Big Grin]

I plan to do my book the same way, only in Word instead of Publisher. By the way, can anyone tell me how the heck to get the page numbers in without it starting on the cover? I can usually do anything on the pc, but this baffles me. [Confused]

I'll take it to the same printer and then market it the same way. Unless, I find a traditional printer first that wants to publish it. But, self-publishers are very expensive.

How does everyone else do it?

Louisa

#37687 - 09/16/04 02:17 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Louisa Offline

jj- congrats on the new column!! [Smile]
Louisa

#37688 - 09/16/04 02:22 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Louisa
If you just want page #'s and no footer text: create your page break by: Insert, Break, and under Section Breaks, select "Next Page" then from the top of that Page:Insert, Page Number, Format, and under Page Numbering select "start at" and type in "1"

this will also work with a footer, if you make sure that the type of "break" you've created is a "next page" break by using the Insert, Break function (instead of just letting Word automatically create the page break)

#37689 - 09/16/04 03:18 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Louisa Offline

Thanks, Evie. [Smile] I'll try it. Will it work if I already have half the book in or do I have to start a whole new document?
Louisa

#37690 - 09/16/04 03:37 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
It should work within your existing document as long as you create a Section break where you want to start the #ing.....however, if you don't have a whole lot of formatting already done, you might find it easier to cut and paste into a new document [Smile]

(I've spent several hours fooling around with getting that #ing "just right" when I was creating my poetry book - it can be very frustrating [Mad] )

#37691 - 09/16/04 04:53 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Louisa Offline

I do have half the book in there already, but it might be better to start over and cut and paste. I tried to do it and I still have the "1" coming out on the cover. Maybe I should do the cover as a separate document?? I can't believe I can't do this. The computer is like part of my fingers. I'm the one everyone comes to at work for stuff. But I never use page breaks. I use headers and footers with my newspaper articles and do the numbering fine, but I start at the beginning and they are only 2 pages. I don't want to have to number the pages manually. [Eek!] I'll try this on the weekend when I'm more alert. [Smile]

Louisa

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved