The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#37172 - 02/25/03 11:48 AM Submissions
bodlesx Offline

Loc: columbus
I submitted my novel to a small publisher in January. I'm not overly optimistic, and am researching another publisher to submit it to when the rejection comes. Actually, from what I have read, this publisher simpy doesn't respond and if April comes and goes (4 months) without any word from them, it means they have rejected it. My question is - do you think it would be all right if I submitted it to another publishser before April? I hate this waiting - I'm not a spring chicken! LOL - and I just wondered if that would be seen as really wrong to do that.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

#37173 - 02/25/03 02:00 PM Re: Submissions
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Go with your gut. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Treat your novel like the labor of love it deserves and submit away. Wouldn't it be a kick if suddenly several publishers thought you were the next great american novelist? Go for it!
Patience was never my greatest virtue either.

#37174 - 02/25/03 03:07 PM Re: Submissions
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I work in the publishing industry and no one just sends to one publisher at a time unless they already have a contract with that publisher (like a three-book deal or something). Do put in your letter that you have sent your work to a few publishers you feel fit your book and that you will contact them.

#37175 - 02/26/03 03:15 AM Re: Submissions
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Candice is right, submit your manuscript to more than one publsiher. Just make sure that you check the publisher's guidelines and verify they take simultaneous submissions.

Many publishers won't accept unsolicited submissions so to save yourself some postage and paper, submit a query letter first. Put together a solid synopsis that you can use to submit as well.

Most publishers (and agents) - if they're interested - will request the entire manuscript only after reading your query and synopsis.

I recommend that you submit as many queries as you can. Good luck!

#37176 - 02/26/03 10:55 AM Re: Submissions
bodlesx Offline

Loc: columbus
Thank you all so much!! It was just exactly the response I was hoping for!

Susan [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved