The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#36588 - 09/27/04 03:03 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have a collection of Snow Babies - Department 56. The last couple of years I started displaying them in my china closet at Christmas. I cleared out the middle shelf and displayed them there during the holiday season. It kept them safe from little visitors and since the cabinet lights up, it is a nice place for them. Last year, I left them up so this year, I don't have to drag them out and do all that. [Smile]

I used to collect depression glass. Had over 300 pieces but sold most of and kept only my favorite pieces. Now I only have a few.

I also collect the Disney limoge boxes made by Lenox. The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs set. I pick one up every time I go. I almost have all of them.

I used to do dollhouses years ago. I miss it. Haven't got the room now. My girlfriends and I made miniatures for inside.
Louisa

#36589 - 09/27/04 03:05 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Louisa Offline

I forgot - Annalee dolls. Mostly Christmas ones - a lot of Santas. Also have quite a few elephants.

No wonder we can't move around here. [Big Grin]
Louisa

#36590 - 09/27/04 06:35 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Bells - all kinds, glass, china, bisque

Heart boxes - some with matching bells [Smile]

Angels - I like the Seraphim ones, but I also have crystal ones, too, and I just bought two more at Sams Club that are china, and bee-you-tiful!

Oh, and of course, diamonds and gold. Teehee! That I get the most use out of!

#36591 - 09/27/04 02:08 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies you aren't going to believe this one but I read it in a legitimate magazine about hobbies. Have you ever said, "you wished you could find something to do with the lint from the dryer?" I have. Someone has come up with an idea. They take brightly colored celophane paper and roll dryer lint up inside then tie the ends so it looks like a party popper. You place them in a glass bowl near the fireplace and use them as fire starters, or fuel. I guess they burn well and safely without smoke. I think I've heard everything now. Christmas is coming so save your lint!!! [Roll Eyes]

#36592 - 09/27/04 02:47 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chatty....is that what you called giving up an idea for Lint? [Razz]

hahahahahahah....Lord, that's funny! hahaha...I should write humor...teeheeahhahaha....
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
JJ

#36593 - 09/27/04 03:57 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
jawjaw,
You crack me up!

#36594 - 09/28/04 07:33 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
chickadee Offline

I think we need to save our dryer lint and stuff our old panty hose with it. The next time there's an oil spill we can join all our pantyhose together and soak up some of that nasty stuff.
Hmmmm...patent pending.

#36595 - 09/27/04 08:03 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

panty hose? what's that? Girl...you better be dead and in a casket if you want me to put those things on again....I HATE PANTY HOSE.

I doubt very seriously if I even own a pair....now trouser socks, I have every color and texture known to women...down here in the deep South we wear sandles with our dresses (is that RED or what?) and when someone dies, we put on the PH...

Winter? No prob...just don't wear a dress...
If you die in the winter, well that's just down right inconsiderate.

JJ

#36596 - 09/27/04 09:52 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for the lesson JJ, as a transplanted yankee, I can use all the southern tips I can get!
As far as pantyhose are concerned I much prefer to wear pants!

#36597 - 09/28/04 02:34 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Louisa Offline

Like a bowl of lintels? Or a barrel of lint monkeys. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Would it work with dust bunnies, I wonder ?? [Confused]

Man, some people never throw anything away. And I thought I was a pack rat. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Saving my lint?? I'm doing good if I remember to clean it out of the dryer. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Louisa

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved