The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#36578 - 09/23/04 04:42 PM What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I was wondering if any of you ladies keep any collectibles?

I started collecting Picture Discs, (record albums that have pictures on them, some are odd shaped) back in the 1980's and thanks to e-bay have resumed my collecting over the last few years. I mostly collect the ones of David Bowie (I love him as some of you may have noticed from my screen name) but I have a lot of others as well.

Just recently I jumped on the vintage halloween postcard bandwagon. I absolutely adore Halloween decorations (even more than christmas, believe it or not) and when I read about them realized that it was something I'd really have some fun with. The old style pictures are great and some of them have really cute poems on them. It's so interesting to read some of the inscriptions that people wrote almost 100 years ago.

I like the ones that have witches on them. I guess that says a lot about my personality! (HeeHeeHee)

#36579 - 09/23/04 05:14 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Girl...I should don myself the Queen of Collectibles....I use to dabble in antiques, had a booth, etc...so I collected everything. Interestingly enough, the Halloween stuff caught on a few years back and now the prices have skyrocketed. If you can find any of the pumpkins made out of the papermache, grab them if they are reasonable. You can always sell them at ridiculous prices.

I stick mainly with collecting old quilts and I've even stopped doing that as it is very expensive, and I have too many as it is. I also love Salesman Samples. I love those things. I also love (but can't afford) vintage doll houses. I have one, but have already sold it. Now I wish I hadn't of done that! Duh...

JJ

#36580 - 09/23/04 08:55 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I must be boring. I don't collect a darn thing. [Embarrassed]

Oh, how about books? Does that count? [Wink]

#36581 - 09/23/04 09:01 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
TVC15 Offline

Jawjaw
What kind of salesmans samples? Gadgets with Logo's on them? Sounds very interesting. The quilts must be lovely. The stuff I collect is flat, easy to store, because I never have enough closet space. Don't be upset, I'm sure you're going to find an even better dollhouse along the way!
Dotsie,
Of course books count! When we moved I had to get rid of a lot of the books I was saving, I regret that.

#36582 - 09/24/04 02:45 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
blue glass - botttles, glasses, vases, whatever

books - of course!

old china and silver

anything old that takes my fancy [Big Grin]

#36583 - 09/24/04 08:21 AM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Elephants...started that in high school, but have sort of tapered off lately. For many years I bought one in each country we visited.

Now I try to buy a Christmas ornament from every place we go; it's a nice souvenir that reminds me of our travels every time I decorate the tree.

I also have a fairly large collection of Deparment 56 houses, specifically the Dickens Village. And I've started each of my daughter's on their own collections; one has Christmas in the City and the other one has Santa's Village. We love them!

#36584 - 09/24/04 02:04 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The Salesman Samples I have, or like vary. I have a Derby hat and hatbox..both are just precious. I'm like Julie. Anything old catches my eye. 1940ish and back. Old hats, quilts as I said, REDWORK (I love this stuff but can't afford it), vintage clothing..etc...But I will say that about the only thing I collect nowadays is dust. Writing really takes up most of my time and I have all but quit junkin'

JJ

#36585 - 09/24/04 03:11 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
TVC15 Offline

JJ, I have lots of dust too!
I went looking for a book on the halloween postcards yesterday and came across one on the Vintage halloween items you mentioned. Really cool stuff!
I only have one Dept. 56 house, I'm not sure of its name but it is one from the Scrooge collection and there are little people inside that dance. I love it! Maybe this year I'll get another, they really are beautiful. A little expensive, but worth it.

#36586 - 09/26/04 01:29 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I collect hand blown tiny glass statues, glass bottles and stained glass figurines that light up and vintage tin cans. I also have some antique jewelry my sister left me. Mostly I collect dust because they all certainly do, hahaha! [Big Grin]

#36587 - 09/26/04 06:32 PM Re: What kind of Collectibles do you keep?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
On Friday I had a opportunity to go antiquing for about an hour. I thought of all of you while I browsed. The friend I was with collects salt and pepper shakers. She has near a thousand. She purchased, I browsed! It was great fun seeing objects that littered my childhood home...selling for a fortune. One Barbie lunchbag was over $400.00! [Eek!]

Have fun collecting!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved