The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#36464 - 04/08/04 10:59 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
merideth, your post about Joshua Tree Monument made me remember when I was in the Marines and stationed at Twentynine Palms MCB. I used to go with my friends out to the Indio Rocks and go rock climbing. I remember a beautiful waterfall deep in the rocks.

Thanks for the memory!

#36465 - 04/09/04 03:42 AM Re: Christmas Cactus
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I think Grand Mesa and Bookend Cliffs are beautiful. Grandma lived in Grand Junction and a view from her windows of both.

The desert is a beautiful place, but I want to live close to the ocean.

Sherri

Chatty, depending on what happens in city pool tournament, we could possibly be there in August.
APA Nationals. We'll see.

Sherri

#36466 - 04/14/04 04:55 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

My husband held an aquarium reef club meeting at our house over the past weekend and I got so many wonderful comments on my Christmas Cactus. First that it was blooming and it's APRIL!! But, second because it's so HUGE! They said they've never seen one so big and with so many blooms on it.

Of course, I was asked several times for cuttings, so being ever so careful, I cut off a couple of snips for those who wanted one. It's a great sense of accomplishment to pass along a piece of yourself to others. That's how it felt giving them a snippet of the cactus. I hope they treat it well and it grows as well for them as it does for me.

Peace.

#36467 - 04/14/04 06:32 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Your posts reminds me of dividing perennials and sharing them with friends. It's llike giving a piece of yourself away.

I have a few plants in my garden that were given to me as gifts when my mom died.

Instead of giving a flower arrangement that is gone in a week or two, it's nice to have something that reminds you of the person who died every time you walk out your door.

My sister now has an azaleas in her garden in memory of Mom, her mother-in-law, and father-in-law.

Just thought it might be something for others to remember. [Wink]

#36468 - 04/14/04 08:23 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Excellent reminder, Dotsie!!!

I'd much rather have plants to be a gentle reminder .... it's much more pleasant and gives back to Earth as well.

Peace.

#36469 - 04/14/04 11:14 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Vicki, I just picked up a copy of a free magazine called Maturity Today Magazine and the cover is of cactus now blooming in our desert. The article inside is called Where the Flowers Are: Biking to Desert Blooms. I think you would enjoy it. If you like I can mail a copy to you. My private email address is in my signature below. If you'd like a copy, send me your mailng address and I'll send you one. [Razz]

#36470 - 04/14/04 11:27 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thanks, Charleen, I've sent you an e-mail with my address... I'd love a copy!

Peace.

#36471 - 04/16/04 03:58 AM Re: Christmas Cactus
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It's on its way as of today. I hope you enjoy it. [Big Grin] Some of the articles are pretty ood as well.

#36472 - 04/16/04 05:37 PM Re: Christmas Cactus
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Thanks, Charleen... I lived in AZ for 12 years before I moved to FL. It'll be nice to see the desert again, even if it's only in pictures. [Wink]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved