The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#36431 - 08/09/05 08:02 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Anyone see the story about the 92 year old man who sky dived recently? He set a Guiness world record and looked like he had a great time!

It ain't over till we're not breathing!

#36432 - 08/09/05 05:59 PM Re: what interests you?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If I sky dived, it would be over because I would stop breathing! [Eek!]

#36433 - 08/10/05 04:02 AM Re: what interests you?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My very petite neighbor decided she wanted to sky dive in her mid seventies. She went to sky diving school and was ready to take her first plunge.

They gave her a parachute and she was ready to board the plane when the pilot decided she should repack the chute. He told her to pull the rip cord. She did and it turned out her arm was too short to pull the cord out far enough to deploy the chute.

Whew! Good thing she didn't figure that out thousands of feet in the air.

But she got another chute with a shorter cord and did it. She built an olympic sized pool so her sons could practice to be olympic swimmers. One was a national champ. Not sure if he was an olympian. She bought a grand piano and learned to play it in her sixties.

She died suddenly of a heart attack a few years ago. She amazed me to the end.
smile

#36434 - 08/11/05 08:15 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Smile...thanks for writing about your neighbor...loved hearing about her. Wonder how many lives she touched due to her enthusiasm, courage, joy...?

#36435 - 08/15/05 08:25 PM Re: what interests you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, what an inspiration. Don't you hope you live your later years like her? I do.

#36436 - 12/20/06 04:12 AM Re: what interests you? [Re: Evie]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Working with wood is my all time favorite thing to do. When I retire I hope to build cool looking sheds from wood cut from our 30+ acres of woodland. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a portable sawmill so I can cut and mill my own boards. I love to carve and whittle and re-wire lights that are still very usable with a little work. I've thought of becoming a "light mechanic". I'd like to take a course in small engine repair so I can fix those things we own that need fixing instead of having to send them out for repair. I'm at my best when I'm working with my hands.

Edited by whittlewoman (12/20/06 04:13 AM)

#36437 - 01/22/07 04:54 AM Re: what interests you? [Re: whittlewoman]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Working with wood is my all time favorite thing to do. When I retire I hope to build cool looking sheds from wood cut from our 30+ acres of woodland. Hopefully I'll be able to afford a portable sawmill so I can cut and mill my own boards. I love to carve and whittle and re-wire lights that are still very usable with a little work. I've thought of becoming a "light mechanic". I'd like to take a course in small engine repair so I can fix those things we own that need fixing instead of having to send them out for repair. I'm at my best when I'm working with my hands.

Cool! I have a friend who owns her own home. She loves remodelling it and will do whatever she can herself and hire contractors for more complicated/heavier jobs. Her fantasy place is....Home Depot. Seriously. She transformed a piece of pavement into a jungle garden in her backyard.

as for me...well, could use my time better...already I have a job that requires nearly a 1.5 hr. 1-way commute to get to work (no it's not all bike..).

But when there's time:
cycling of course
exercise-- 1/2hr. on floor. More to keep limber and agile. Also to prevent lower back pain.
oil painting --have taken several courses over past few decades. Movin' to mixed media after taking a course at a local art college.
reading travelogues, social commentary books. Right now, my brain doesn't want hassle of complicated novels. Ironic because I have an English Lit degree.

#36438 - 06/22/07 01:04 AM Re: what interests you? [Re: Evie]
turtle Offline

Does anyone collect anything. I collect native american storyteller figurines. Turtles (of course) Candles.

#36439 - 06/22/07 02:01 AM Re: what interests you? [Re: turtle]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I collect black bears and have quite the collection! My name here (yonuh) is Cherokee for bear. Tell me more about your storytellers. I have seen lots of them here in AZ.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#36440 - 06/22/07 05:48 AM Re: what interests you? [Re: yonuh]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I collect native American Arrowheads, bowls, etc. We bought a piece of property in Tennessee that was a Cherokee campsite. I will be painstakingly brushing the riverbank well into my golden years. By the way....what age does golden start?

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved