The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#36381 - 10/23/03 04:49 AM Re: what interests you?
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
While I'm about 20 posts too late. Evie, it's no so much that I need a non-work activity as i need a hobby. Traveling as a hobby will have to wait until I accidently trip over that big gold minethat lies beneath some old church in Alexandria somewere(there's got to be one somewhwre right?) Thanks meridithbead for the change in perspective. It's amazing what a few words can do.

#36382 - 10/25/03 09:33 PM Re: what interests you?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Here goes- I work four days a week. I get stumped by pre-school homework becasue it involves some kind of gluing thing to do.
I love cross stitich but have'nt done it since my son was born four years ago. We love to travel but it too has been curtailed somewhat because of my son's age. This will pick up again.
I love auctions. It thrills me to out bid someone and get a lovey real cheap. To support this hobby I have tons of junk around. I am trying to get the yard sale of the year award but my house has no location! No visibility but I swear I could earn a good buck if I could sell some of this stuff siting around.
I love homemade art shows. They are the best artisans around.
This forum has taken on a certain pattern of obsession.
I try very hard to keep up with my lifelong friends who are spread around the globe. This takes work but is very important to me.
I am just begining to journal. Hope I keep it up.
I play whatever game my sons imagination cooks up. Sometimes I am a cat and sometimes I am a teacher. I wear many hats when it comes to this.
I try to read as much as possible and it is never enough. This is a wonderful escape.
I like to be outdoors and landscaping is an expensive hobby of mine.
I also enjoy architecture. So my husband and I are always putting on an addition a demolition job in a section of the house. Another very expensive hobby.
I think if I gave up my expensive hobbies I wouldn't have to work and then I could spend more time on my hobbies!
I enjoy sailing but don't get a chance very often and mu husband is a pilot so I try to fly with him once in awhile. It is not my passion but I try for his sake.
I wish I could spend more time with friends. Most meaningful ones are too far away. But those that are closer could be better cultivated. I don't know where to find the time.
I also enjoy live music. Local bands to nationally known. You will find my family at concerts in the park quite frequently.
OK now I will stop. You are probably dulled into sleep by now.

#36383 - 10/25/03 09:54 PM Re: what interests you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Not me Lynn...I enjoyed every line of your post. It got me to thinking again...(I know...dangerous)..but there are quiet a few other things that interest me...like:

Old movies - such as "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara...sigh...what a MOVIE! And "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir." If you haven't seen either one of these ladies, rent them at your local library and treat yourself!

Geneology - I found my Dad's father in one year because of the Internet. My Dad/Mom had been searching for him for 30 years. It was my greatest gift to Daddy that Thanksgiving. Sad to report though, his father had died the previous year. But...I still love doing this and would bet some of us are kin, heh? Anyone else into the family thing? We're all God's children you know!

Motorcycles - now I am too big a wuss to learn to drive one by myself, but I have had significant others who had them and I love them. Someday I hope to have a "trike" (3 wheels) and I will ride where ever I want! I will have my logo painted on it too. This is a dream of mine. Queen on wheels...hehehe... [Roll Eyes]

#36384 - 10/26/03 03:54 AM Re: what interests you?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Lynn - I too love auctions especially if I can get a bargain on them!

jawjaw- "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" is that the one with Alistair Sim????

#36385 - 10/27/03 03:24 AM Re: what interests you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

The version I was referring to was 1947 and it starred Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison. Next to The Quiet Man, my fav...and then next would have to The Lion King....

#36386 - 02/18/04 06:23 PM Re: what interests you?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Now that the kids are getting older and I have more time, I'm learning to relax more. The pace has changed tremendously. I guess I'm gearing up for the empty nest eventually.

Anyone find they've had a hard time switching gears? When I find a couple hours at night without anything PRESSING to do, I relax, but feel like I SHOULD be doing something constructive.

I'm getting use to it though, and actually am enjoying the change of pace. Just a change!

#36387 - 02/18/04 06:46 PM Re: what interests you?
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
just reviewing these posts - JJ, I saw the "Ghost and Mrs. Muir" on Sat. night on the TV - enjoyed it, loved the house......thought of you while I was watching it [Wink]

#36388 - 02/18/04 07:34 PM Re: what interests you?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

you know...I love that house. And I love the way she eased into trusting him and becoming his friend and eventually, mate. Such a sweet movie. I think I'll dust my house this weekend and see if I can find any ghost laying around...OR not. [Roll Eyes]

JJ

#36389 - 02/18/04 07:53 PM Re: what interests you?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I just finished reading all the hobbies listed by all the great women in here. Wow. What a great bunch of women!!!!

I am IMPRESSD!!!

smile

#36390 - 02/21/04 02:24 AM Re: what interests you?
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I farm full time, hand spinner's flock of colored sheep - rare Shetlands, Romneys and Merinos. My 19 sheep are quickly turning into more...up to 22 and more to come. A lot of my day is spent tending to animals and doing farm work - fencing, repair on barns/sheds/buildings. The last wind storm tore off a shed roof and that needs to be replaced. I've got 10 American Curly horses that I train and in good weather that's 10 horses times 15 minutes each twice a day. In sunny weather I'll take one of my spinning wheels or my knitting to the pasture and sit with the sheep while the dogs and cats run about sniffing at I don't want to know what! Sometimes I'll get a natural dye pot going and dye wool for spinning or yarn for knitting/weaving. I weave shawls & throws on a tri-loom.

3 dogs, 8 cats (including barn cats), a husband and a ninety year old mother in law complete the household. I just finished two years of heavy volunteer work - sometimes 40 hours a week and my volunteer work has slowed down considerably. I'm still on the community volunteer fire department. A girlfriend, who is owns an ostrich farm, and I partner together to offer farm tours at our respective farms to school groups, families, seniors, etc. That helps with the farm income. I work with WV Bluefield State College when they have foreign dignitaries visit the USA. I talk to them about rural tourism, how their economies may be helped by supporting cottage industry, etc. So far we've had heads of state from Russia, Tasjekistan, Albania and other countries visit our farm. That's fun and I might have the opportunity to visit Albania and Russia this year to work with them first hand.

I write children's stories about my animals and magazine articles about fiber, sheep, horses, farmlife, etc. None of my children's stories have been published but I sell magazine articles every month. I'm a published photographer and working on getting my darkroom set up again. I've got 400 pounds of fleece to send to the processor's to be made into yarn and blankets. I started the Lost Arts Guild and am getting us ready for a statewide exhibition - Mar - May.

Dave and I want to take a vacation this year and I'm researching a small boat cruise to Alaska or BC, Canada. The boats will hold 8 to 12 and that's about as many people as we take. Living on a farm severely reduces one's ability to handle large groups of people .

We're gearing up for Sheep Shearing Day in April and that's open to the public. I'm expecting around 100 visitors this year...at least I hope that's all that show up!

I'm blessed because what I do is what I love doing. And, this time of year, I'm lambing and that takes up a LOT of my time. This list making has been fun .

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved