The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36165 - 10/23/02 05:16 AM Reading
40something Offline

I love curling up with a good book, but I never have as much time as I would like to do this. I carry the current book around with me in my briefcase, just in case I have a free minute. (Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.) I've seen a t-shirt that says, "So many books, so little time!" Boy, isn't that the truth!

#36166 - 12/04/02 12:29 AM Re: Reading
laxmom247 Offline

Loc: Lutherville
I agree. there is never enough time to read. I too carry a paperback around in my briefcase, "just in case" Sometimes the kids are late at practice, you just never know when you may get a few minutes. I love inspirational or just out and out escape fiction-like a good mystery or fantasy novel.

#36167 - 01/06/03 04:25 AM Re: Reading
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This time of year, reading is my favorite hobbie. I love to read anytime, anyplace! I usually have a few books going at once. I like to have an inspirational book to keep me on track spiritually, a book about the writing profession, and a fun fiction book. I am looking for a good fiction book. Any ideas?

#36168 - 01/06/03 05:33 PM Re: Reading
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Have you read the "Left Behind" series?

And I loved "We were the Mulvaneys" and all of the James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell books, and then there are a whole line of mystery books written about Baltimore and Maryland by a local female author (can't recall her name right now, but....it's CRS for sure!!)

Then, I usually read the autobiographies (Just did Rosie, Michael J. Foxx, etc,) and the big historical stuff, like GWTW (which I read about once a year) and Mrs. Mike (which I read about twice a year).

#36169 - 01/07/03 08:57 AM Re: Reading
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The "Left Behind" series rings a bell. What is that series about?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved