The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#34229 - 10/05/05 02:40 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Thank you Patty. I could never reject a life that's been entrusted to me, but I'm so weary.

#34230 - 10/05/05 03:10 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Bluebird, I hear your weariness. My heart doesn't know what to say, but just know that I hear you. I wish I lived close enough to come over and make you a good hot cup of tea. It never solves anything, but somehow makes everything seem better just for a few brief sipping moments.

There's nothing wrong with sighing that huge sigh of weariness...no matter how much of a blessing this baby is/will be, it doesn't change the fact that you're 46, tired, been doing this for a very long time and thought you were heading in another direction...it's a shock and you do need to adjust and get used to this new reality.

Whatever you do, I hope you won't feel like you're supposed to feel happy and overjoyed about this when you're here with us...be you...be real...and let us help you through this initial shock and profound weariness. We'll help you through...

#34231 - 10/05/05 03:14 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Thank you Eagle...you've helped me get some tears out, which always helps. I can ell you "hear" me, I knew you'd understand...
How are things going with you and your husband? I've been thinking about you for days, now...

#34232 - 10/05/05 03:29 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks for thinking about me Bluebird. I'm not able to be as forthcoming about "that" as I usually am...I have reason to believe that it could be hurtful to someone else I care deeply about who has mentioned that she might be checking this site out sometime soon. Which is why I felt it best to delete the post I wrote earlier this week.

The situation is calmer now, but still tinged with some apprehension and sadness, so a little prayer here and there could be helpful. Maybe we could trade prayers. When I'm really sad and down about my situation, I'll be praying for your situation...and when you're feeling really down and weary about your situation, you can pray for mine...looks like we might be thinking about each other a lot over the next few days and weeks, eh?

That's okay. I like lifting you up in my prayer...and I have LOTS of tedious sanding to do by hand tomorrow...so it's going to be a perfect day to get in LOTS of prayer for you and my other Boomer sisters who have asked for prayer!

I do hear you Bluebird. If you need to vent, cry, rage, whatever, feel free to PM me anytime...although I have limited online access for the next couple of weeks...if it takes awhile for me to respond, trust that I'm still thinking about you and caring and hearing you!

#34233 - 10/05/05 03:44 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Eagle, you are just as sweet as can be. I haven't met many women who are as sensitive and compassionate as you are. If my mother had been like you, I would have been the most well-adjusted kid around. [Razz]

#34234 - 10/05/05 04:48 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Ladybug, I don't contracept because I agree with the Church. I don't believe in cutting God out of this part of our lives. He made sex for procreation, he made it enjoyable so we would do it! I don't believe in seperating the two. It's like food - we eat it to nourish our bodies, but God made it enjoyable so we would eat!

#34235 - 10/05/05 04:55 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

But thanks for the offer of support. [Smile]

#34236 - 10/05/05 04:58 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Well I happen to believe that the Catholic Church is the church founded by Jesus himself and as such, it has the authority to make rules for our lives. But I follow this teaching because I agree with it!

#34237 - 10/05/05 05:23 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
Bluebird Offline

Thank you Ladybug. That was very sweet of you to say. I appreciate your concern for me, I really do.

#34238 - 10/05/05 05:32 AM Re: I have almost always been one!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Western Bluebird, I am offering prayers for you tonight. I cannot know how you are feeling and I don't know how I would handle it myself. I am just going to ask God to give you peace and comfort the way he knows how.

Hugs
Andria

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved