The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#103314 - 01/23/07 03:51 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
WOW! Sherri, going on 20 - what stories you must have to tell. How many children produced your lot? How fun holidays must be, tiring, but worth it, no doubt. I came from a large family and, I must say, when I was young, it was great getting together. I'm sure it was hard on my mom, especially after we grew, married and had our 16 for her and Daddy to love. Things have changed and we don't gather as we use to. How do you handle it? Do they all come to your home at the same time? Do you all have to meet at a rented facility?

Quote:

It hasn't been a real good year and I tend to close down and crawl inside of myself. I have been busy but not satisfied. Make sense? Mid-Life Crisis in my late 50's.

Oh, how this makes sense!!!! I can so relate! I'm sorry you have had a rough year, but I admonish you to remain outside yourself, so nothing can take you off-guard. If this was a private forum, I'd share a few things, but I'll just have to be your cheerleader and cheer you on. I hope 2007 brings you peace, happiness and many blessings!!!

#103315 - 01/23/07 04:15 AM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sherri, welcome back dear friend. It's great to hear from you.

I took time to crawl iinside myself several years ago when Mom died. It was after that time that BWS was launched.

Are you journaling?

And how is your son who was on a ship in a dangerous part of the world. I can't recall exactly where...

#103316 - 01/23/07 04:15 AM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Steve and I have five children between us. We also have an "adopted" daughter that has four children. Three of our kids are having new babies this year. One in San Diego, they have two daughters, son is in the Navy, 2 that are within an hour of us. We know we are having one boy and will be finding out about the second in four more weeks.

Christmas is fun but I have NEVER had all of my grandkids here at the same time! I have 2 in Germany, Dad is Army.
It was tiring but happy just the same! Thanks for your cheers!
www.christianstoryteller.com

#103317 - 01/23/07 04:20 AM Re: First Post [Re: Sherri]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dotsie, Craig is back in San Diego and he and his wife are having another baby. I have another son in Kuwait. He will be promoted to Major on the first of February. We are keeping our fingers crossed that another son's reserve group will not be called up, he and his wife are expecting a baby also. No time to journal, freelance writing, my eBay store, and now my part time job is keeping me from doing anything for fun, like working on my second novel or journaling. Just thought I would poke my head in for a moment, there are so many names I don't recognize. I'm pleased the forum has grown so much. It will be 20 years tomorrow since I lost my Mom, and guess what, it hurts this year, why is that? Bad time of year for me, I have a huge letdown after Christmas, Mom, and gray and cloudy skies. Well, enough of that. Thanks for welcoming me back into the fold.
www.christianstoryteller.com

#103318 - 01/23/07 05:57 AM Re: First Post [Re: Sherri]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Welcome back Sherri! I missed you and am sorry to hear last year was difficult for you. Mine had its moments, too

Poet and essayist

#103319 - 01/23/07 11:21 AM Re: First Post [Re: meredithbead]
Emyjay Offline

Dear Sherri,

So nice to meet you! I'm a new to these forums, but not to challenging months or years.

I was reading your last post and noticed that you said you didn't have time to do anything "fun."

Here, in my humble opinion, lies your biggest challenge.

I've learned that we have to make time for fun. We have to create balance in our lives.

I say this because whenever I've had a major challenge -- loss of my Dad, followed closely by the loss of my best friend since childhood -- I've had to fight the urge to crawl under my covers.

When I look back, balance is what was lacking at those times in my life. Now, whenever I'm facing a "mountain," I make sure that I schedule in time to do more of the things that I love to do. Scrapbooking, crocheting, reading, lighting candles, etc.

This year, two of my best friends are moving away and I have had to step down a notch at work, because I'm going to need more time to take care of my Mom and my Mother-in-law.

Since I haven't handled caretaking and loss well in the past, I'm actively looking for ways to balance my life now, before the actual challenges begin.

I hope this helps.

Sending good thoughts your way, Sherri!

Emily in Maryland

#221511 - 12/02/22 12:51 PM Re: First Post [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Today's date: 12/02/2022
Duration: 5798 days
Or 190 months, 15 days
Or 15 years, 10 months, 15 days
ALMOST 16 years have passed, and so much has happened!
Sitting here, wishing I was back in 2007 and sharing thoughts with this group that was!

gims aka gimster aka Mona from TX

Edited by gims (12/02/22 12:52 PM)

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved