The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#221455 - 10/25/18 06:46 PM What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
There is so much negativity in the world, these days. Perhaps we need to discuss whether BWS can become a place we go to find good news? Thoughts?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221456 - 10/29/18 11:25 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
That sounds like a great idea. I love hearing good news. I love up-lifting stuff. Happy stuff. Fun stuff. Music. Paintings. Animals are always a happy subject. Great idea.

#221460 - 01/05/19 03:34 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

What's everybody's favorite animal and why.

#221461 - 01/07/19 11:43 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I like big dogs. No small (teacup) dogs, please. They're smart and receptive. discerning and lovable.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221462 - 01/11/19 12:20 AM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I'm not into yapping, tiny dogs, either. Cats are okay as long as they're not mine. Love farms and farm animals, i,e.: horses, donkeys, cows, chickens, heifers, calves, etc.

#221465 - 01/16/19 08:40 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I'm not too much into farm animals.

When I was about 5, I was a flower girl for my uncle's wedding. His bride lived on a farm, so after the rehearsal, we went to her parent's farm for the rehearsal dinner.

There, I learned that the beef we were eating for our meal had a name - Bossy, Bessie, I don't recall anymore. But that was it: I couldn't eat any more once I found out they butchered and ate their own stock.

Since then, I make sure not to make any personal connection to my food!!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221468 - 02/06/19 04:19 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

My dad had a herd of several hundred Holsteins. He never butchered an animal. He'd buy animals from area farmers. And we'd show cattle at the County Fair; always getting blue first-prize ribbons and Grand Championship awards. All of daddy's cows had huge names, like: Raymil Dorothy Carnation. They all were registered with the Holstein Friesian Association of America. I don't eat many types of meat; can't eat lamb or veal. Eat very little beef and pork. Don't eat venison. Love the farm. Love all types of animals.

#221469 - 02/16/19 11:32 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

You should talk about the wall along the USA southern border. That should spark some chatter.

#221470 - 02/18/19 10:42 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

I don't want to talk about the wall. That is not good news. Just something else to divide us.

Let's talk about something that is upbeat and pleasant.

Or alternatively, let's talk about an issue related to our being Baby Boomer Women. I see that TIME magazine, for example, has a current article about what they call a growing American crisis: Wo Will Care for the Baby Boomers?

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/18/19 10:54 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221471 - 02/18/19 10:51 PM Re: What shall we talk about, ladies? Good news? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Here's another exciting topic we could discuss. I've just read that there is a new "trojan horse" cancer drug that is successfully treating patients with 6 different types of lethal tumors. Here's a link to the article I found: New Trojan Horse Cancer Drug

That's pretty exciting, IMHO!!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved