The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221438 - 09/13/18 11:04 PM Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The next days and hours are crucial to all those in the path of hurricane Florence. Let's pray for the people staying behind and those putting themselves in harms way to help others.

#221443 - 09/14/18 09:43 PM Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I think a ton of people are praying, Jabber! I was so pleased to hear this morning that the storm has been downgraded to a Category 1. BUT still, I believe there are at least 3 people dead as of this afternoon - and the storm is probably going to stall out - which may mean it drops as much as 30 inches of rain. Good Lord!!

Have you seen that video the Weather Channel put out showing what impact the storm surge will have? I thought it was a powerful graphic and hoped that it would convince some of the people who were choosing to stay put to change their minds...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221446 - 09/14/18 10:46 PM Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

My son lives near Charleston and his wife decided not to evacuate. Last I knew, they still have power. So we'll see.

#221448 - 09/17/18 02:11 PM Re: Praying for the Carolinas, Virginia, W.Va [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

By the by, my DIL said they got a lot of wind but still had power through it all. Now they're in Goose Creek, north of Charleston, South Carolina. She figured things would be getting back to normal today.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved