The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220880 - 06/03/15 12:55 AM How do you feel about your collection of "stuff"
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
As we age, we collect things. We pick up mementoes as we travel, we acquire things our kids left with us, promising to return for them once they're settled, and we just plain buy things faster than we toss them.

So how do we feel about this "stuff" of our lives? Is it comforting? Too hard to clean around? A burden or a joy?

Here's an article I read in the New York Times today which addresses the topic well.

It points out that everywhere we turn, we are barraged with orders to pare down, throw away, de-clutter. But should we?

Is it not human to accumulate, admire, desire, love, collect and display things which we find beautiful? Things that speak to us, remind us of past times, or just plain make us feel good?

What do you think, ladies?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220885 - 06/07/15 01:24 PM Re: How do you feel about your collection of "stuff" [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I cherish items I inherited from momma's house. But I could part with things collected from my personal life. Material things aren't what's important. People are what's important and the memories imparted by those personalities. The memories left behind by people who've touched our lives shape who we are. Awesome people have crossed my path and I'm so thankful for those beautiful souls.

#220890 - 06/12/15 07:54 PM Re: How do you feel about your collection of "stuff" [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
We don't want to create too cluttered nests that it inhibits from functioning well so that we can do things without wasting too much finding something.

I agree with all of us, the need to keep some cherished things that evoke great memories or signify something we created from our hands.

I got more than necessary stuff..across 2 city locations. Anyway....

#220892 - 06/13/15 01:49 AM Re: How do you feel about your collection of "stuff" [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Orchid, how frustrating is it when the thing you want is at your other location? You strike me as being a very organized person, so maybe this never happens to you.

But when we first moved to Galena, we lived in one apartment and worked in another. Both had kitchen, full bath, living/dining area and 1 or 2 bedrooms. I ended up stocking both kitchens, so that we ate breakfast/lunch at the "office," and dinner at "home." This always meant some duplication of foodstuffs, and remembering what was where...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved