The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220820 - 04/03/15 01:25 AM Financial Self Sabotage - Recording
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220824 - 04/06/15 10:13 PM Re: Financial Self Sabotage - Recording [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne? I don't know what's suppose to be here. But I don't think it is. And why would anyone sabotage themselves financially?

#220826 - 04/09/15 05:17 PM Re: Financial Self Sabotage - Recording [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Hi Jabber,

I posted three times with a link to this recording that we did for NABBW, but for some reason, the BWS forum software wouldn't accept my post. So I gave up to try it in an hour or so, and forgot it.

Thanks for noticing. But the fact is, MANY people sabotage themselves financially, and NABBW Financial Associate Pam Sams and I had a good discussion about this back on April 2nd.

However, we ran out of time and didn't cover everything, so we'll be doing another call on this later this month.

Among the sabotaging habits many people have, according to Sams are:
* Comparing ourselves to others - "keeping up with the Jones"
* Doubting ourselves
* Building up excessive credit card debt
* Procrastination
* Not having financial goals

Here's a link to a recording of the initial call: Our Financially Self Sabotaging Ways
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220831 - 04/11/15 10:36 PM Re: Financial Self Sabotage - Recording [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Or think about seriously downscaling to a home with a lot less maintenance.

A friend my age, is looking for a house...still. After selling her parents'. She has her own cottage over 300 km. away.

She is single. Honest, she is setting up herself for some maintenance challenges later in life.

The convenience of debit cards and credit cards is scary. I actually seldom use debit. For groceries, I force myself to pay most of it by cash.

Reason: Food is so fundamental for my survival that I need to be reminded how much I spend to feed myself. I needed to see the money leave my hand at the grocery store. I pay off credit card bills monthly 99% of time..other times I simply made an error of forgetting a payment.

I confess that I had spent enough on cycling clothing, some bikes, etc. Accumulating enough that I embarrassed myself. But now, I divide that stuff between 2 residences. So luggage between 2 cities is light. smile So actually my cycling costs has dropped a lot for last 5 years. Now it's only annual bike repair which is a lot cheaper than car repairs.

Good point in audio about lifestyle inflation and reining oneself in.

Edited by orchid (04/11/15 11:05 PM)

#220832 - 04/12/15 03:17 PM Re: Financial Self Sabotage - Recording [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
orchid, What's the deal with going back 'n forth between 2 cities? Just wondering. Hope all is well with you. I enjoy reading your posts. Have an awesome spring and an even better summer. Hi from Western NY...

#220835 - 04/14/15 05:56 PM Re: Financial Self Sabotage - Recording [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Orchid, I'm glad you're still "cycling" between two residences. I'm sure it's a lot of work to keep up a long-distance relationship. But worth it, IMHO.

As for your thoughts on cycling clothing, bikes, etc: My son is now (as been for several years) a big bike rider. He has participated in RAGBRAI several years now, as I think I ave written about. I understand from him, that when you get as involved in cycling as you (and hi and his friends) are, you end up being able to justify that you need a bike for winter riding, and another for ling distances, etc.

He and his friends regularly ride 90-100 miles - just for fun and entertainment on the weekends. It's a lifestyle that has to be healthy, IMHO.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved