The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#220660 - 12/16/14 03:47 PM Knee replacement surgery...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Today my adoptive brother is having knee replacement surgery.
I'll let you know how it goes. He's weighing on my mind and I'm praying. He got hurt at West Point while jumping out of a helicopter and has suffered all these years with a bum knee. He limped and was visibly in pain much of the time.
I know Anne is having knee replacement surgery next month, so I'll keep posting updates, when they're available. whistle

#220661 - 12/16/14 04:06 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks Jabber! I will be praying for your brother.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220663 - 12/17/14 02:17 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thank you, Anne. I know he came through the surgery okay. But that's all I know right. Will report in later.

#220664 - 12/17/14 11:23 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I spoke with my nephew this afternoon. My brother should be home from the hospital in a day or two. Then they say he'll be doing some rehab. But he was out of surgery by 9:30 yesterday morning; and the surgeons said everything went well. The man has a lot of grit; so I'm expecting him to bounce back with vim and vigor.

Anne, Anyone who does this sort of thing has my total respect.
So I'm praying for my brother. And I'm praying for you. May the Holy Spirit watch over both of you!

#220665 - 12/18/14 03:58 AM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Thanks Jabber! I don't have a date for my surgery yet. I have been doing physical therapy 3x/week and now also working out at the gym under my PT's supervision, in preparation for my surgery.

My doctor and my surgeon both thought this was a good idea, and I have been gaining a lot of strength and agility as a result. I'm told this will not only help the surgery go more smoothly, but will also aid in my recovery time.

So I won't be scheduling my surgery until I get released from the PT. Maybe I'd do the first knee in February. Don't know at this point. But I will be appreciative of anything I can learn to help me prepare.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220678 - 12/24/14 10:44 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

My SIL says my brother is anxious to get home. They live in this
tri-level with huge stairways no matter how a person enters their house. SIL said they were having someone install a railing on the gigantic staircase from the garage up to the kitchen. Guess that'll help him pull himself up the stairs. Point is, me thinks he'll be home in a few more days. Doctors' orginally had said he'd be in the VA Hospital for three weeks. But the man isn't much for not doing anything. I expect he'll be up and at 'em before long. whistle

#220681 - 12/25/14 08:39 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Hey Anne,
Brother came home from the hospital Christmas Eve.
That's way ahead of schedule. So that's cool. WB's brother was here for dinner last night. He said he knows someone who had both knees replaced and is doing fine now. wink

#220689 - 12/31/14 09:07 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anne, I spoke with brother today. I've been staying away because WB and I have been fighting the flu. But brother is like a couple weeks ahead of the normal healing process, per his doctor.
He sounded good and that makes me happy. If he can do it, you can do it. You're younger, healthier and have more going for you.
Prayers and blessings...

#220691 - 01/01/15 10:26 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Thanks for the pep talk, Jabber! I'll be calling my surgeon's office to schedule the next step in the next day or so...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220695 - 01/05/15 04:18 PM Re: Knee replacement surgery... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I deleted this because I don't want anything I say to sway others' attitudes. whistle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved