I am remiss for failing to post earlier this week that consummate character actor Eli Wallach died earlier this week from natural causes after 98 years of life, 66 years of marriage and over 100 films.

He is known for his fine work, as well as for having worked with such stars as Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Marilyn Monroe, Gregory Peck, and Henry Fonda.

Among Wallach's many, many movies are: The Magnificent Seven, How the West Was Won, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and Mystic River. He was probably best known for his role as the Mexican bandit Tuco in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

"I was the ugly," he is said to have once quipped. In fact, he even called his autobiography The good, the Bad and Me: In My Anecdotage

If you're a huge fan, you may recall Wallach won a Tony and an honorary Academy Award.

His final film role was at the age of 96 -- a key supporting part in Oliver Stone’s “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps."

Did you have a favorite Eli Wallach film?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com