The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#219117 - 06/21/13 09:06 AM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: MenopauseMoxie]
Mountain Ash Offline

I believe other factors existed 100 years ago .Life expectancy..less contraception... many pregnancies ..breast feeding...

#219118 - 06/21/13 02:07 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Ellemm Offline

I think Menopause Moxie was just a sales pitch....

#219128 - 06/22/13 09:39 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: Ellemm]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Ellemm,

M2 may be a series of posts by someone who is on a mission to educate women about menopause treatments, but she doesn't seem to be trying to sell any products, so it just seemed best to me to let her post.

As I've said, this is an important topic and as far as I can tell, no one answer that is correct for all women.

Almost daily I remove posts from new people who are trying to pitch products here, and I have no trouble doing that. But I let M2 go, because there was no product being sold.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219131 - 06/23/13 06:53 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: Anne Holmes]
MenopauseMoxie Offline

Loc: CA
I’m not selling anything although I’m sure it appears as though I am. I don’t take offense to skepticism and welcome conversation. Not everyone is going to agree with me and I’m not interested in winning any popularity contests. What I say goes against the “norm” in medicine but I'm compelled to speak up. We have been mislead, both patients and providers, as to what real medicine is. Our modern medical model has nothing to do with wellness and preventing disease. Healthcare reform isn’t about health care; it’s about insurance and money. When we go to the doctor and complain about our symptoms, we leave with a handful of prescriptions to manage the symptoms of disease we go there for in the first place. When did it become okay to allow doctors to keep us ill so they can write scripts for the drug companies? This is a very good business model for the pharmaceutical industry that has been fine tuned over the past 30 years. There isn’t a whole lot of money to be made with healthy people. Our medical model should contain education for every medical student on how to get to the root cause of the problem, fix it as naturally as possible, and minimize prescription drugs.

Standing up against the medical industry puts me at risk for sounding like a conspiracy theorist but I started Menopause Moxie because there is so much misinformation circulating on the internet about perimenopause, PMS, menopause, and their treatments. Women have been suffering for years with estrogen deficiency and the conditions caused by it, but are only given drugs to manage the symptoms. Doctors are managing symptoms that can be eliminated by getting to the cause of the problem for perimenopause, PMS, menopause, and other estrogen deficiency conditions women take prescription drugs to manage. If we know these conditions stem from estrogen deficiency, why aren’t we restoring the very estrogen we used to have that protected us against diseases and made us feel alive? Women are given low dose hormones to treat the symptoms of estrogen deficiency but continue to be estrogen deficient, staying at risk for other degenerative diseases. This is the exercise wheel of conventional medicine. Women want off the nightmare ride but they don’t know where to go for answers and help. There are only a handful of doctors who think outside of the conventional box of medicine who are interested in restoring hormones to adequate levels. Medical school teaches doctors disease management, not how to get patients well. Even if doctors wanted more training in hormone optimization, there are only a couple of independent doctors in this country that train other doctors how to do it. Right now there is no formal training for hormone restoration and women are paying for it in more ways than one.

#219132 - 06/23/13 06:57 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: MenopauseMoxie]
MenopauseMoxie Offline

Thank you Anne for allowing me to speak freely.

#219136 - 06/24/13 06:05 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: MenopauseMoxie]
Ellemm Offline

Well, I'll go ahead and speak freely, Menopause Moxie. For someone who is only seeking to educate, you might want to reevaluate your style here just a bit. This is a bit like having a conversation and a stranger just barges in and starts a whole new topic.

You may not be looking for friends, but surely you are seeking listeners. You couldn't maybe say hello first? No, "Hi, I'm Menopause Moxie and have been through it all regarding women's health issues. I'd love to share what I have learned with you."

Believe me, the other posters here will testify that I can be pretty blunt and am not a shy flower who gets her feelings hurt easily. I actually mistook you for one of those people who periodically floods the group here with some product. You know, we just wait for Anne to clear those posts out....

If others want to tell me I'm out of line I'll accept the criticism fully.

Edited by Ellemm (06/24/13 06:06 PM)

#219137 - 06/24/13 11:13 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: Ellemm]
MenopauseMoxie Offline

Ellemm,

I didn't realize I was barging in. It's difficult for a newcomer to find a place in communities and feel welcomed. My apologies for the intrusive entrance, and I appreciate you speaking up and making me aware. Is it too late for an introductory post?

#219138 - 06/25/13 07:46 AM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: MenopauseMoxie]
Mountain Ash Offline

I also felt a bit "flooded"

indeed my post re other factors has not been replied to.

so like you Ellemn I saw a bit of overkill.
Being a Boomer I have been there got the t shirt re menopause and hormones.I agree thyroid is connected to symptoms.
as a believer in holistic and naturopath support and emotional well being I see a big picture.
It is not or has ever been my wish to retain youth but to live and age naturally. I see beauty in age and wisdom in experience.

Living in the UK I see a different aspect of healthcare...female gynacologists and an awareness of feminisim

I have never felt you to be blunt Ellemn rather a clear thinker and have enjoyed connecting with you

#219139 - 06/25/13 01:07 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Moxie,

It's never too late to for an introductory post, IMHO.

Ellemn,

I enjoy people saying what they're thinking. It's refreshing.

MA,

Sometimes, time is sparse. And we don't always see every post. I'm sure if you have posts that have been overlooked, it's just human error due to a lack of time, not intentional.

#219140 - 06/25/13 05:02 PM Re: Night Sweats? [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

It was a comment Jabber to show I had contributed to the discussion.no problem .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved