The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#219030 - 06/03/13 12:52 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Cookie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
They sure have us on the edge of our seats. Almost done with Season 3 again.

This really is the BEST TV I've seen in a long time!

#219032 - 06/03/13 04:05 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Di]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Di
They sure have us on the edge of our seats. Almost done with Season 3 again.

This really is the BEST TV I've seen in a long time!

I agree Di!! Downton Is one of the best TV shows I have seen in a long time. smile Most other TV shows on tv are awful anymore. I really dislike all the reality shows that are on TV too. I cancelled my cable years ago because I simply don't watch much TV at all.

#219040 - 06/03/13 11:43 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Cookie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Ditto, Cookie. Strongly dislike commercials, too.

"TV" is not what it used to be.

#219043 - 06/04/13 02:34 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Di]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I have little use for the reality TV shows. Don't even care that much about the various dancing/talent shows, though I suspect the networks like them because they are fairly cheap to produce.

That's the thing about Downton -- I doubt it is a low budget production...

As for commercials -- I've gotten to the point where I record my shows so I can watch them on my schedule. This also means I can fast forward through commercials...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219048 - 06/05/13 12:24 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
There is no 'reality' in these so-called reality shows. It's all contrived, and we don't see what goes on that ends up on the cutting-room floor. I would love to watch dancing and talent shows, but those are ruined by either the MC or the panel of judges. So it comes down to a couple of PBS productions and a couple of sitcoms on network TV. We don't have cable because I don't see the point in paying for TV to watch commercials. I have an Amazon Prime membership so we stream shows and movies that we want to watch from there. And we pick up DVDs and Blu-ray movies and shows from either Costco or our local Entertainment Exchange. There are some great shows on PBS that are on too late for us, and we have no way of recording them right now.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219049 - 06/05/13 01:05 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: yonuh]
Cookie Offline

We have always liked to watch PBS shows, even in our youth. We record almost everything we want to watch. That way we can watch it when we have time and zap through all the commercials. We have a DTV PAL DVR recorder that is pretty old. It is like a hard drive recorder. It works off the antenna, I think. confused My husband is the techie of the two of us, and knows all about electronic stuff. I don’t think they even make or support this particular recorder anymore. I don’t know what we will do when it craps out on us. We do Amazon streaming movies too. That works out well for us. cool

#219050 - 06/05/13 06:05 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Cookie]
Mountain Ash Offline

TV made by the BBC are special when made for sale to overseas.There is a great input the costumes are authentic made from patterns from the era..locations are chosen well,

We pay licence fees to BBC but the profit from exporting Downton and Upstairs Downstairs..Lark Rise to Candleford etc is welcomed.

#219718 - 12/08/13 08:48 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Cookie Offline

4 weeks until Downton Abbey returns!!! YAY! Finally, something good to watch again.

#219720 - 12/08/13 11:37 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Cookie]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Cookie, I love "Downton." I have been missing the ability to watch shows of this caliber since it ended for the season.

And don't talk to me about the season ender. WHAT a downer!

Anyway, I have been receiving some respite while Downton is gone via watching Showtime's "Masters of Sex," about the pioneering work of Drs. Masters and Johnson and "Homeland."

Both -- while totally different -- are well-produced and well-acted and delightfully addictive.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219723 - 12/09/13 12:07 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Cookie Offline

I know, Anne! shocked I was so disappointed in the season ending. cry I liked Matthew. Susan Sarandon hosted a "Return to Downton Abbey" last week on PBS. It had some highlights of the previous shows, interviews with some of the cast, and a tiny teaser of what is to happen on season 4.

I don’t have cable so I haven’t seen the other shows. Maybe in the summer when there is nothing on TV we will rent them if they are available. Good shows are hard to find.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved