The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#218711 - 03/10/13 11:10 PM Re: Let's Talk: Are You Feeling "Fierce With Age?" [Re: Ellemm]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Weird Ellenm, that anyone should even suspect the First Lady's campaign for healthy living is a Communist plot. So sad.

Glad to hear that your daughter likes your lifestyle choices. smile And she wants to do something similar for herself!

Anne:
Quote:
Of course, back then I did enjoy riding my bicycle across town, but to me -- at that time -- riding was not exercise, it was a means to get where I wanted to go.) Weird, huh?

smile That's the beauty of cycling for transportation. One tends to forget a lot of the time, it is also exercise. I love these convenient self-deluding things. smile right now there's still some ice, slush in some areas but I just cycled to the bank, then to a coffee place and over to another place for grocery shopping before coming home. Every bit of cycling helps me..for spring, summer later when I need to adjust my body for longer distances.

Certainly I would be happy to cycle with any long time members here and show you our area...when you get to Alberta or British Columbia.

There's a part of me that also would like to write more about the best of my experiences in my blog. It just occurred to me, to even feature some of my amateur art work on my blog over time: because I've been living thousands of kms. away from my birth family for the last 11 yrs.!

So some family members and long time friends, haven't seen what I've produced since I've moved or when they visit me, there's barely enough time to look at my artwork.

So yes, I now see my personal blog in a different light. I do want to leave a good footprint behind in blogosphere.

Edited by orchid (03/10/13 11:14 PM)

#218712 - 03/11/13 04:23 PM Re: Let's Talk: Are You Feeling "Fierce With Age?" [Re: orchid]
Mountain Ash Offline

I think car use has been a factor for me.Where as I walked with adults to visit relations and to shop and then could walk to work when I left schooling now I use my car.I played outside as a child and went to the park and played some more.PE was a joy to me and I went to dance classes.I cycled as soon As I could and loved the freedom
My aunt is in her eighties and very fit.She too walked a lot and gardened as I do.She still works in her garden which is wonderful her paths are brushed to perfection.she worked hard in any job she had.
The mind set of aging is important..every day activity keeps us supple.I am limited now due to arthritis but never give up.
I do as much as I can.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved