The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#218491 - 01/23/13 04:29 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Gettingitogether]
Mountain Ash Offline

By the time when you come back from lunch there will be a shift in your thinking..we need shared energy to fuel our "tanks" if we stay in the same spot all the time we miss a lot.For me smiling at strangers hearing a story in a library or shop..listening to children seeing elders struggle and sometimes help to fill their bag at the checkout..thats why my life with my own children then at school was so fulfilling.In serving others we become out authentic self.time for myself is essential. a walk or a book.when I am at the coast the shore seems to fill my being.The light doing so.And books..always waiting.I think creating...making felted items for me is a happiness..soon I will try to knit socks.
The feeling of time shortening for us...that is universal but challenged into what time we have (Today) helps.
I like planning my sowing of seeds.especially when its cold and wet..
often just sharing as you did shifts the focus..I believe over thinking dwelling on past issues sucks energy and makes for mental health issues.
keep posting...

#218492 - 01/23/13 10:09 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Gettingitogether]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
We're happy to be a sounding board for you, GettingitTogether.

That's the reason this board was formed. We hope our thoughts helped, as did the opportunity to vent among friends. Caregiving is a tough job. "Me time" is imperative.

Think of it like what the flight attendant says when she is giving instructions before takeoff. we all need to "Be sure to put on your own oxygen mask first," so that we CAN be there for our loved ones.

Take care and stop by again soon!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218493 - 01/24/13 07:25 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
A daughter such as you describe..wonderful...would really understand your wanting to "honor thy (father) and mother". She,too, will get that opportunity to honor YOU when you need that later on in life.

I live thousands of miles from my aging Dad. Even though I have two very capable and willing siblings near him to help, I'd love to be nearby, but I can't.

YOU are honored to want to honor your own!

Edited by Di (01/26/13 02:27 AM)
Edit Reason: correct typos

#218495 - 01/25/13 02:48 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

That's a really good point, Anne, and you said it so well. When we are squeezed between our children and our parents, it can be hard to remember that we need to eat, sleep, and earn our way as well. Sometimes you have to get kind of tough.

#218496 - 01/25/13 06:00 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Ellemm]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have posted this here some time back...during studies this was part of a lesson.I have invited this into my life.

The Wise Woman
'Stretching herself too thin she breaks her connections.
Staying too busy, she has no time.
Defining herself only through others she loses her own definition.
The wise woman waters her own garden first.'
by Lao Tzu in the Tao Te Ching

#218498 - 01/27/13 01:24 AM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Mountain Ash]
Gettingitogether Offline

Love it Mountain Ash! I added it to my journal entry for today. Your statement about getting back from lunch with a shift in my thinking struck me as funny because sometimes it doesn't even take that long I can go to the bathroom and come back with a shift in my mood or thoughts. smile I am beginning to see little glimmers of my old self lately, which is heartening. I am making a daily practice of being mindful of my life. Instead of a resolution I chose a word for the year which was BREATHE. Whenever I feel myself getting anxious or overthinking I remind myself to breathe. Initially I had to consciously remind myself each time, but I've noticed that it is becoming easier and is requiring less thought. I have always taken reasonably good care of myself physically, exercised, eaten well, but It was my soul, my spirit I neglected and that is what I am trying to heal now.

#218502 - 01/28/13 08:58 AM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Gettingitogether]
Mountain Ash Offline

So good that you journal.."Shifting the focus" from the matter that is in our minds .Do you think a home rather than a mobile home would give roots.
We had a small vehicle when the children were small and went on breaks to lovely scenery the Scottish Highlands and shore .This was a welcome break but it was so nice to return to space...toys and books for the children and for me my garden.Neighbours who matter and familar things.

#218505 - 01/28/13 06:37 PM Re: New here and need a fresh perspective on a dilemma [Re: Gettingitogether]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Gettingittogether, I love that you've chosen the word "breathe" as a personal mantra for the year.

Literally, proper oxygenization makes all the difference in out lives. And I know that my husband is one of those people who can get so focused on something that he actually forgets to breathe.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved