The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217822 - 09/10/12 06:14 PM Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I was really sad to see the season finale of one of my favorite TV shows, Lifetime's "Army Wives," last night. It's somewhat unclear whether this was the season finale for AW or actually the show's finale...

We'd been hearing for some time that it was the end of the show forever - but the way that the show ended was quite disconcerting -- and begs for another season so as not to leave all the show's fans in limbo.

We've never talked about this show here in the forum, so I don't know if anyone else watches it. Won't bore you if no one else is as hooked on Army Wives as I had become... But if anyone else watches -- let's talk -- what did you think of last night's last minute?

Speaking of television, I've noted that there are a slew of new talk shows opening. I guess this is a response to the end of Oprah. Katie Couric has a new show, as does Anderson Cooper. Also a few other new ones I can't reall...

I just watched the new Anderson Cooper Live show -- as it comes on here at 11 -- and I had been a big fan of Meredith Viera's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" which formerly had that slot on my local NBC station. I'd watch while I was doing morning dishes and housework. it was light, entertaining and fun to see if I could outsmart the contestants.

As for Cooper's show -- I was not impressed. He covered a bunch of garbage as far as I was concerned: an interview with the tanning booth mom, another with some awful woman and her daughter who apparently have a reality show (Honey Boo Boo?).

They also tried to do a live feed segment with the pizza shop owner who hugged Obama, but the feed was bad -- so he will be appearing in person on the show tomorrow. Oh, and there was a quick clip with Beyonce...

The only thing I really liked about the show was his guest host - Kristin Chenoweth. She was a cute and bubbly as ever -- and I was glad to see her back on TV.

First I've seen or heard of her since her accident where the studio lights fell on her during filming of "The Good Wife."

So: who's seen any new TV shows they enjoyed and think will be this year's hits?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217827 - 09/11/12 12:37 AM Re: Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Don't watch much television any more; we don't have cable and most of the network shows aren't worth watching as far as I'm concerned. There are a couple of shows we enjoy: Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, and History Detectives. Other than that we mostly watch movies or read or I write. Some of the other shows on PBS are good, but they come on too late for us; we're in bed by 9 as we get up by 5 and need that sleep!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217828 - 09/11/12 02:38 AM Re: Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready? [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
TV has been downright boring lately. Hubby is an avid TV-watcher, I could quite easily live without it. He likes history and nature shows, I like comedies. Our faves, when we can find them, are Mike and Molly, Hot in Cleveland, Sea Patrol, Once Upon a Time and Amazing Race, as well as a few Canadian shows (Murdoch Mysteries and Rick Mercer).

Ironically, we watch Anderson Cooper more when we're in Cuba because TV there is very limited there and his is one of the few shows we do get there.

(Maya Angelou)

#217829 - 09/11/12 08:53 PM Re: Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Ellemm Offline

My tv watching is almost nil. I watch a few minutes of Morning Joe after working out in the am while I'm still too sweaty to shower. Or I listen to the show for a bit while I'm cross-stitching.

-- and that's about it. No regular shows and really no clue about when things are on.

We do watch some shows on Netflix: Single-Handed (an Irish show), The Good Wife, Dexter, Without a Trace, Burn Notice. Half the time I have no idea what season these shows are really in, but if I can go through a season at a time, it makes a nice 45 minutes in the evening and no commercials!

#217830 - 09/11/12 11:58 PM Re: Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready? [Re: Ellemm]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't see how Anderson Cooper who was reporting on "hard" news can enjoy himself much now by switching over and, doing the type of talk show he is doing now. I saw it when I was vacation ...at a hotel.

I don't have tv where I am now. I chose not to spend money on one. Got other priorities. I did watch some tv when I lived in another city.

Then before I met my partner, I didn't buy/watch tv for about 15 consecutive years.

I get my junk fix when I Internet surf at times. smile

#217831 - 09/12/12 08:38 PM Re: Changes in TV Shows -- R U Ready? [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree with you about AC, Orchid. He made a name for himself on hard news. This new show is downright "light and fluffy."
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved