The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217431 - 06/25/12 11:22 PM 26th is Chatty's birthday...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Looking at the calendar, I noticed tomorrow, 6/26 is Chatty's birthday. I miss her something fierce. But I'll bet the Angels are having a good time.

#217433 - 06/26/12 07:12 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Happy birthday, Chatty. As Jabber says, we miss you, but we know you are in a better place.

What are they saying up in heaven about this new nonsense I am hearing about Romney and his youthful penchant for dressing up in costumes and causing a bit of mayhem? I'm sure you'd have some clever comments.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217445 - 06/29/12 05:39 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
Thanks for the new connection. Think I'm also logged in as Jabber; was trying both but using a capped [B] for the one you sent. So happy to be back home! God bless.

Hadn't heard about Romney dressing up in costumes. Do you think it's true or just rumor? There are lots of untruths circulating around out there about me. That I know for a fact.
So maybe that rumor is hogwash, too????

#217446 - 06/29/12 06:35 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, I don't know what to think of the reports about Romney dressing up as a fireman, a policeman, etc. when he was a kid. Probably the incidents are just childhood pranks being "spun" into something more by some bloggers.

When you Google on "Romney and fireman costume" you'll see that most of the articles listed are written by media sources for which I have no knowledge of their personal agendas -- and I've never heard of before.

The only source I'd give credence to is The Atlantic Wire which I believe is the online version of The Atlantic magazine.

I do suspect the stories are true, however, since some Romney spokesperson has actually spoken up to correct -- not deny -- the stories.

For example, in the fireman costume story, the Romney staffer says Romney was holding a fire hose when he ran through the store -- not an axe, as the original blog post reports.

I'm guessing that in Romney's youth these incidents were simply considered to have been fun and elaborate pranks.

I believe it's a "guy thing:" I know both my brother and my son have told me of pranks they and their friends played on each other. And in MY high school class some unknown pranksters somehow managed to get a car on the roof of the three story high school. No one knows who did it -- but whoever they are, they repeated the prank during the time of our 25th high school reunion. (I heard a rumor that it was a lot harder to do at 40 than it was at 18.)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217448 - 06/30/12 01:51 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I'll bet, putting a car on a roof was harder to do in a more advanced age.

I've probably written this before but when my son was a little guy he wanted to be a fireman, a trucker, and a Special Forces Soldier. He grew up to do all 3.

Boys will be boys; it probably is an accurate account of a much younger Romney. But where's the harm? I mean, why is the report reporting it; why R they bothering?

#217450 - 06/30/12 02:25 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think youthful indiscretions are mostly harmless. However, when those pranks harm any living thing, they are no longer youthful indiscretions but an indication of who that person is. Most of us probably have harmless pranks in our past, and that's where they should stay, in the past.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217454 - 07/03/12 01:33 PM Re: 26th is Chatty's birthday... [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Heard someone say most humans don't get an once of sense until they're age 50. Not sure it takes that long but do believe it takes a bit of living to gain an ounce of wisdom!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved