The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#215246 - 11/01/11 09:13 AM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Part of the problem is the expectation girls have about the white dress wedding and fairy tale life..many view a story book "happy ever after"life.The books read by and to children..This can be culturally inbuilt.Gender driven .The thought that a man will provide a home and cope with providing for another and maybe children.The economy falls the home is insecure...
Even TV adverts and magazine adverts from the past bear witness to a society where its 2point1 children.
Reality is a couple have to respect each other and that comes from first respecting themselves...Young people mature physically before they do emotionally and unless they respect each other life can be hard.
so educating our young about the commitment to another whether within or outwith marriage is important..This can be done in many ways...

#215247 - 11/01/11 02:03 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MA,
I agree. Respect is huge in any relationship. I believe children learn by example. And parents should be committed to one another, setting good examples and perpetuating high excellence in significant areas. I do believe in many cases too much is expected from the male gender.

#215253 - 11/01/11 06:12 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Ellemm, Jabber,

Thanks for correctly bringing the Kim Kardashian disaster into this discussion. I try not to pay attention to the tabloids and have never seen their show, so for awhile, I was one of those people who was wondering who the Kardashians were and why anyone cared.

But certainly, this news of her decision to divorce is one that ought to get a lot of people talking about what marriage means and what is important in marriage and life. I mean, the woman had THREE wedding gowns and the wedding was televised as if she were as important as British royalty!

I don't know anything about the couple, but I did see Kathie Lee and Hoda talking about this on the 4th hour of the TODAY show this morning, and it seems that Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford were at the wedding - so she may have a right to say more about this than some of us...

Kathie Lee showed press releases from both Kim and her husband Kris (bless him, but I don't recall his last name). Kim said she was making this decision "after much thought/careful consideration...blah blah" -- and Kathie Lee nailed it when she said that thought OUGHT TO have happened BEFORE the wedding.

As for groom Kris, he comes off sounding like a gentleman - and the more mature person of the two. He says something to the effect of, "I am devastated to learn that she filed for divorce..." and essentially holds the door open for reconciliation.

So maybe we can hope that the silver lining of all of this "fol de rol" might be that we actually start to have a national discussion about marriage - and what it takes to be ready for one.

Fingers crossed!

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215255 - 11/01/11 08:39 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well, Anne, that's a positive thought for an idiotic situation.
70 plus days isn't even enough to figure the other person's likes and dislikes, if you were sensitive enough to care. A 2 million dollar diamond and a several million dollar ceremony and all for nothing??? Good grief, Charlie Brown.

#215843 - 12/18/11 10:15 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This whole situation boggles ones mind even if you've followed the show closely. Good grief!!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216274 - 01/29/12 01:10 AM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If you follow the show you see where she and Kriss didn't mesh.. He is like a child trying to act grown up and she is much older acting for her age. The relationship was destrined for failure!

#216633 - 03/12/12 08:42 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

What ever happened to Kris? He seems to have disappeared off the planet!

#217007 - 04/17/12 08:13 AM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: Di]
divorcelawyer Offline

Telling children about divorce is a very hard task.

#217010 - 04/17/12 04:36 PM Re: Justifying divorce to young children [Re: divorcelawyer]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Welcome to the forum, divorcelawyer. We're glad you've joined us. Front page of the forum has all the instructions you'll need to know our rules and become an active participant.

Now to get down to your comment: Having had to tell children about a pending divorce, I'd say yours is a major understatement. Do you have any guidance to offer those facing this? Books or video training you recommend to your clients? Advice for grandparents on how to react and answer questions their grandchildren might ask would be helpful too. Obviously, what is said needs to be age-appropriate...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved