The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#215709 - 12/09/11 07:31 PM Walking is Great - But There Is Something Better
Charlotte Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Walking is a great exercise and I did it for years. However, once I got my body in condition from some very brisk walking, I moved up to a slow jog and then a little faster jog. By doing this I was able to burn off more calories in a shorter period and felt even better. You can do it too if you are already doing a lot of walking. I am 65 and hope to be doing when I am 75.

#215715 - 12/09/11 08:11 PM Re: Walking is Great - But There Is Something Better [Re: Charlotte]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Good point, Charlotte,

Though some of us find walking is better for our knees than is jogging.

My dad is a great example of the health value of walking. He has always walked as a way to stay fit. Now at 81 he still walks several miles a day.

Last summer when Steve and I stayed with him for a weekend, we woke up on a hot Sunday morning to find him gone, though his car was still in the garage. We worried a bit, but before long he showed up, looking jaunty and sporting a straw hat.

Turns out that while we slept in, he had walked to church -- a distance of several miles each way -- something he said he likes to do weekly. Apparently he only drives to church on rainy days, as he says it is no fun to sit in church in wet clothes!! LOL.

He looked none the worse for the trip, despite how hot it was that day!

I used to walk several miles to school and back in junior high and high school, and many miles a day when I was in college. I can tell that this has continued to help my health, even though I no longer do it.

Walking is something I intend to start doing again.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215720 - 12/10/11 02:35 PM Re: Walking is Great - But There Is Something Better [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome Charlotte in Texas. Glad U enjoy jogging!

#215858 - 12/19/11 10:23 PM Re: Walking is Great - But There Is Something Better [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I waited too long to begin a walking regime and it has taken a toll on my body which I am suffering from now at ths age.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216092 - 01/11/12 02:24 PM Re: Walking is Great - But There Is Something Better [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ever notice how many joggers get murdered out there; be careful
if going out'n about alone!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved