The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#215592 - 11/27/11 04:05 PM Lower Prices on Computers
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Has anyone noticed how lower the cost of computers are this season? Could it be because of the readers and tablets that are coming out? I'm thinking of getting a tablet or such. I've already got a Kindle ereader and like it just fine. How about you all?
www.tidedancer.com

#215593 - 11/27/11 08:19 PM Re: Lower Prices on Computers [Re: Sandpiper]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Sandpiper,

I haven't been pricing computers recently, but what you say makes sense - supply and demand is powerful. If the laptop and computer manufacturers are experiencing less demand, it would be natural they would lower prices.

As for your other question, I have a iPad, and I like it a lot. I'm still learning how to use it, but I have now read two e-books on it, which worked out well. I also took it into the kitchen and called up recipes from the Food network on it. That saved me printing out the recipes. But I am not sure I wouldn't prefer to have my recipes printed out. Maybe if I created my own online "cookbook" on the iPad, that would be OK... I'll have to think about that.

It hasn't replaced my desktop as my preferred computer, but I do think I will continue to find ways to use it where a desktop would not work as well.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215601 - 11/28/11 03:51 PM Re: Lower Prices on Computers [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Those readers and tablets look interesting. Haven't noticed the price of computers, probably because I'm not looking to buy one at the moment. I am hunting in the food network for some ideas
for Christmas Eve dinner. Can't make up my mind what to serve as yet. We have a laptop but I prefer typing on the mainframe. It seems faster to me.

#215617 - 11/30/11 01:52 AM Re: Lower Prices on Computers [Re: jabber]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I haven't gotten any tablet yet and haven't planned to because had to get new computer for new location where I am.

I don't have an iphone nor ipad either. Or any cellphone..don't plan to for awhile.

I have to remain within budget. But I can do alot with 1 computer!

Edited by orchid (11/30/11 01:53 AM)

#215621 - 11/30/11 03:01 PM Re: Lower Prices on Computers [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Darn right you can, Orchid!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved