The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#210994 - 02/10/11 09:55 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: yonuh]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
magnifying mirrors with 300 magnification eyeglass readers.

I have more of those little suckers than I care to count. Tweeze, tweeze, tweeze frown Since my eyebrows and eyelashes are still black, the color is not a surprise.

Poet and essayist

#211008 - 02/11/11 02:01 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
And the more we age, the more of those little suckers we get.
I used to tweeze my friend's chin for her; and she was 90 years
old. Her's grew very fast.

#211015 - 02/11/11 07:37 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
LOL Yonuh! I am USING a magnifying mirror.

Lately I have started to find WHITE hairs on my chin, which are harder to see...even with the magnifying mirror and all the good light I have in my bathroom. They're as tough as the black ones, too! NOT fine and soft. I guess they truly are BEARD HAIRS. Yikes!!

Guess the next step is the 300X magnifying readers Meredithbead suggests.

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/11/11 07:38 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211017 - 02/12/11 12:33 AM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yeah, I have both black and white really coarse hairs. I've found they're all easier to see if the light is reflected in the mirror rather than on my face.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#211027 - 02/12/11 03:31 PM Re: Post menapause - what's the truth? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Don't wear glasses for distance, but definitely need them for reading. Some of the print on bottles, even a magnifying doesn't help.

#215111 - 10/20/11 08:15 PM Re: Post menopause - what's the truth? [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Speaking of menopause, did you know the health issues people have actually come up with a World Menopause Day?

Yep, since 1999, it's apparently been October 18th. who knew?

This year, in honor of World Menopause day, I was invited to a webinar, featuring two medical experts on the topic. Their program was called "Understanding Postmenopausal Sexual Health." The presenters were Drs. Laura Berman and Michael Krychman.

Dr. Berman spoke about the concerns we face when experiencing vaginal dryness and painful intercourse, including confusion and embarrassment.

Dr. Krychman discussed the physiology behind these conditions and available treatment options.

There was a short Q&A session will follow the presentation.

Their program has now been made available to the public, so I can share it with you. Just follow the hyperlink at the front of this paragraph.

As a disclaimer, I should also tell you that Pfizer sponsored the event, though no Pfizer-proprietary products were discussed or promoted...

They listed a few websites that we can also refer to with menopause questions.

These are:

PersonalMenopauseAnswers.com

Healthywomen.org

I know we don't discuss sexual stuff here very often if at all, but hey, we are all women who will potentially experience these challenges.

So I thought I'd share the link...

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215124 - 10/22/11 01:58 PM Re: Post menopause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

What's wrong with using a little Vaseline? Vaginal dryness doesn't seem like a very deep problem! LOL...pun intended!!!

#215126 - 10/22/11 08:08 PM Re: Post menopause - what's the truth? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Every women has different problems, some the same so why not share? Thanks Anne!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#215129 - 10/22/11 08:28 PM Re: Post menopause - what's the truth? [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

Vaseline, KY Jelly, personal lubes: The presenters said these help with comfort, but we need to read and understand the label regarding ingredients -- some of those special "designer" lubes can have side effects and should be avoided for that reason.

But the experts on the call pointed out that lubes don't treat the condition, they merely help with comfort.

According to the presenters, natural lubrication is considered to be better for us. And the experts on the call were recommending TOPICALLY applied estrogen cremes, which have less risk than taking a systemic estrogen -- that is, an estrogen pill. (I know I took pills originally, until they were declared too risky, health-wise. Many of us did, I am sure.)

Apparently these locally applied estrogen products come in creme, ring and tablet forms. They allow our vaginal tissues to regain their former elasticity and lubrication.

The treatment still has some risk, however, so those have to be understood, so we can make an informed decision.

The last point the presenters made on the call is that medicine is leaning toward individualized care, away from "one size fits all" treatments.

If you want to know more, the link to the presentation and/or the links to the websites I gave offer more information.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215133 - 10/22/11 10:10 PM Re: Post menopause - what's the truth? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Years ago they implied estrogen treatments could cause cancer.
I knew of women who stopped taking them for that reason. Personally I stay away from doctors, so somebody else will have
to take up this discussion.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved