The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#212592 - 05/04/11 09:32 PM Birth Control Pills
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I may be nold fashioned but when I hear the TV say, "there is no need for women to have more than 4 periods a year." Well that makes me wonder. GOD made us a certain way and that was having 12, HEAQLTHY, cleansing periods a year. Sure they're a real pain sometimes but if not necessary God would have done it different, right? These drug companies are selling pills or do dads that interrupt the natural flow of our lives. If I had a daughter and she opted for 1 to 4 periods a year taking pills, I would be horrified and scared to death for her. Am i being crazy?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212608 - 05/05/11 12:52 AM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
There is a rhythm and flow to live. Don't mess with Mother Nature!!!

#213178 - 05/30/11 01:43 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: Cookie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I took birth control pills way back when and began having frequent blood vessel breakage, forcing me to quit taking those type pills.

#213425 - 06/14/11 07:43 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I too took them many years ago and my entire body functions changed, and not for the better. I developed IBS for years afterwards and it was dreadfull.

#214192 - 08/04/11 08:58 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I went and got a Lapriscopic Tubaligation, in and out of the hospital in an afternoon with no side effects ever! I wish I'd have done that instead of taking birth control pills which messed up my system.

#214240 - 08/06/11 10:19 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Cookie I'm not so sure everyone is so careful to use rhythm method.

I've never taken birth control pills and glad that now am in perimenopause.

Some of women abit younger than I, use a menstrual cup. Brand names like Diva Cup, etc. Personally this is too much effort for me.

#214243 - 08/06/11 11:34 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: chatty lady
I may be nold fashioned but when I hear the TV say, "there is no need for women to have more than 4 periods a year." Well that makes me wonder. GOD made us a certain way and that was having 12, HEAQLTHY, cleansing periods a year. Sure they're a real pain sometimes but if not necessary God would have done it different, right? These drug companies are selling pills or do dads that interrupt the natural flow of our lives. If I had a daughter and she opted for 1 to 4 periods a year taking pills, I would be horrified and scared to death for her. Am i being crazy?

Orchid. Rhythm method. Gawd NO!!!! LOL! shocked laugh

I was commenting on Chatty's comment. Maybe I misread it. I thought she was saying that there was a pill that would only allow a woman to have periods 1 to 4 months out of a year.

I didn't think that was a good idea. There is a rhythm and flow to our bodies.....don’t mess with it. That was my thought anyway. smile

#214245 - 08/07/11 12:39 AM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: Cookie]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I agree that it's best not to "mess with Mother Nature."

I too took the pill in my 20s, but had to stop for health reasons. I used a diaphragm for the decade of my 30s and then -- at 39 as I recall -- I, too, opted for a tubal ligation.

Best decision I ever made, since by then my docs had told me it wasn't medically wise for me to have any more children.

I suppose birth control of any sort is "messing with nature," but I can't imagine what long-term health ramifications might come from limiting ones' self to only 4 periods a year...

(Besides, my periods were always so heavy and long, I'd hate to think what kind of flow I would have encountered after 3 months!! Yikes!)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214252 - 08/08/11 01:22 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
Your birth control history mirrors my own. Best decision I ever
made was that tubal.

#214397 - 08/20/11 10:01 PM Re: Birth Control Pills [Re: Anne Holmes]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
A period 4 times a year can't be good in the long run...it just doesn't seem right.

I haven't had a period in 9 months and I don't miss it at all. I hate the hotflashes and night sweats that come with the process, but I'm coming down to the home stretch! I hope

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved