The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214239 - 08/06/11 08:57 PM Mail Order Husbands
MustangGal
Unregistered

I'm certain this is a joke!

http://mailorderhusbands.net/order/

#214274 - 08/09/11 04:35 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
It's pretty funny actually. Imagine all the effort someone went to in order to create this site!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214289 - 08/10/11 05:42 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I don't know, Mustang. All I can say is, Beware!

Would anyone actually get a "Mail Order Husband?"

#214334 - 08/14/11 08:55 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Ha, not I! Yet, seems many men actually do b/c they consider American women either needy, independent, or not old fashioned enough. In other words, they want someone they can control. I work with a man who ordered a wife from Russia. It would not suprise me if she divorces him when he is eligible to retire b/c she would get 1/2.

#214347 - 08/15/11 07:45 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good grief! Aren't there enough American women to pick from. Imagine marrying a complete stranger from another land!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214413 - 08/22/11 01:52 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Marriages still falter, even when you've dated a guy for years and years. I dated my 1st husband 3 and 1/2 years before we
wed. Geese! Can't imagine living with a stranger; that's too
scary to think about!

#214424 - 08/22/11 07:25 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Well I would certainly never consider a "mail order husband." Like Jabber, I dated my first husband for over 3 years before we married. During that time, I was too naive to see the warning signals, so ended up marrying a functional alcoholic.

(By functional alcoholic, I mean he could drink a case of beer over the course of an evening, while carrying on social conversation and playing cards. And even drive home afterward.

Once home, however, he let his control go instantly. He would begin stripping off his clothes at the front door, and pass out on the bed as soon as he made it to the bedroom.

Next morning, he would be fully functional, able to get up and go to work. and ready to start it all over again at the end of the work day.)

Not good long-term husband material. But the man looked good, was well-educated, held a job, talked a good game, and was great in bed - when he was sober. And I spent 10 years married to him before I got smart enough to leave.

His was exactly the sort of behavior one wouldn't learn about with a "mail order" scenario, as it was totally under his control to hide this behavior.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214434 - 08/23/11 01:39 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
It seems many guys are adept at fooling folks. My lst hubby had
a temper; the smallest things would ignite a tantrum. And you'd better not be anywhere near him when the explosion hit. He was good-looking but a real terror to live with!

#214446 - 08/23/11 11:24 PM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hacing a bad husband makes us appreciate a really good one so much more when the bad one is kicked to the curb, right?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214449 - 08/24/11 12:25 AM Re: Mail Order Husbands [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

Interesting concept, Chatty. I guess having a bad husband first gives you something to measure against.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved