The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#213536 - 06/23/11 02:34 AM Dating?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
There are websites GALORE dedicated to helping you find Mr. or Miss Right & thousands of books dedicated to helping you prepare for LOVE. But what do you do if you’re past middle-age and you end up ALONE? Read Don'tGiveUpOnLove NOW: Don't Give Up On Love

Edited by Anne Holmes (06/23/11 02:37 AM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213545 - 06/23/11 09:36 PM Re: Dating? [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh heavens, here I am trying to get rid of my supply of books and this one pops up. I just ordered it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#213553 - 06/24/11 04:27 AM Re: Dating? [Re: chatty lady]
Boomer in Chief

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, Chatty! It's a collection of true stories of love late in life...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213669 - 07/03/11 01:48 PM Re: Dating? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Check out his family really good, before getting hooked.
I've seen this "late in life" thing go horribly wrong!

#214161 - 08/03/11 07:01 PM Re: Dating? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I will be reading 'Don't Give Up On Love' next even though I have no intention of looking for love again. I have had my fair share!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214256 - 08/08/11 01:37 PM Re: Dating? [Re: chatty lady]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I agree with you Chatty...I too have had my share. For the first time in my adult life, while single, I have no real interest in dating. It's quite strange, but I am ok with it.

#214265 - 08/08/11 07:53 PM Re: Dating? [Re: hotflashgal]
Boomer in Chief

Good to know you have no interest in dating, HotFlash. It confirms my suspicions about myself: I am totally happy being married to Steve, and hope it lasts til we're dead. But I have long harbored the idea that were I to find myself single again, I would not seek to remarry.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214273 - 08/09/11 02:48 PM Re: Dating? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
After my divorce, I figured I would be single the rest of my life and wasn't looking to date or find someone. But I met Steve (my Steve, Anne!) and the rest, as they say, is history!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#214276 - 08/09/11 04:41 PM Re: Dating? [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Wonderful history, it sounds like to me! I'm so happy for you and YOUR Steve!

A loving relationship with a spouse is so much more preferable than the alternative -- As in the alternative being a fractious relationship with a spouse. (Did I just use that word -- I didn't even know I knew it! LOL smile )

PS Here is the official definition of "fractious." Guess I used it properly.

Edited by Anne Holmes (08/09/11 04:46 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214426 - 08/22/11 10:13 PM Re: Dating? [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've been goofing on Facebook and found an old boyfriend and sent him a message. The message was a simple polite hey how r u and I inquired about a mutual friend of which I have genuine concern b/c he has a heart condition. We were all stationed together 20 years ago.

The old boyfriend did not answer my question; however, he sent me a friend request of which I accepted.

We live 800 miles away and I have no intentions. I know that he has a child from a previous wife/girlfriend and has lived with another women for the past 8 years. They are not married and from the photos they seem happy and take family vacations together. His profile says "in a relatinship". In some photos she is wearing a ring and he does not. They have different last names.

Thus, I'm wondering what is the protocol with ex loves? Is it OK to friend an old boy/girl friend? Even if you're "in a relationship"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved