The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#209962 - 01/02/11 02:55 AM Some men do try harder!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have been divorced from my ex since July 2001. He moved back in with me several years ago when he had a stroke, lost his job and then had his car repoed. He s still here, on unemployment. I was shocked this holiday, he was like a different person, shopped for me, helped with the cooking and would not allow me to wash one dish. I took full advantage of the situation too and enjoyed every minutre of the change. He is still a rotten sleeze bag but as long as he is here he will continue being usefull. So one never knows.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209971 - 01/02/11 03:08 PM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
What a nice change Chatty!

Seems like he is getting how much you've done for him.

Love that!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#209972 - 01/02/11 03:09 PM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado

Seems like he is getting how much you've done for him.

Love that!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#209985 - 01/02/11 09:17 PM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: Danita]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Three cheers for the EX. It's about time you get a little break from doing everything. I hope you complimented him and told him how much you appreciated his efforts. Just like kids, it usually helps, and maybe he'll keep up the good work.

#209986 - 01/02/11 09:19 PM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
In our house, if you cook, you don't clean up. My son and brother-in-law were in charge of Christmas dinner. While everyone was sharing how delish everything was, my son announced, "We'll be in the den watching football while everyone else is cleaning up." I'm happy to clean up if someone else is willing to plan and cook the meal.

#210007 - 01/03/11 12:29 AM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My hubby's amazing. He's done EVERYTHING in the house for the past six weeks while I've been recuperating. He won't let me do any housework whatsoever until tomorrow (the six week point). He's done all of the cooking, every dish, housework, laundry, did the bulk of Christmas decorating, has made me breakfast every morning, carries my laptop upstairs at night and downstairs in the morning, won't let me do anything the least bit strenuous, or carry anything except a loaf of bread in from the car. I "graduated" to being able to pour my own glass of water from the Brita filter a few days ago (that thing's heavy!) He surpassed all my expectations, I figured he'd be good for 2-3 weeks, but at 4 weeks he decided (based on the advice of the doctor) that we'd give it 2 more weeks before I start doing anything. And he's done it all with such love, cheerfulness and joy!

He might have a hard time giving some of it up now, he's become the king of the kitchen!

(Maya Angelou)

#210011 - 01/03/11 02:08 AM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

God Bless Andre Sharon, he is a treasure among men.

Dotsie your kids are exceptional because of the way you and Ross have raised them, Bravo to the two of you...

I am always ready to thank my ex and tell him what a good job he did on something. I am usually lying however because he does most things halfway, but what the hell, half is better than none.

#210216 - 01/09/11 01:49 PM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
I wondered if your EX was still around the house there, with ya.
Glad he's being more helpful than ususal.

Eagle,
How nice it is that your hubby is so kind. It's heartwarming to
hear reports like that. God bless!

#210637 - 01/25/11 02:48 AM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

He is still here and will never leave unless I have him evicted but with no car, no job, and no where to go, that seems harsch. He is still knocking himself out to do things around here. This is such a mess and I can see no end in sight, plus Sassy loves him and will happily stay with him if I have to leave for awhile with little to no bad effects. He too is anh animal lover and I guess she feels that from him.

#213448 - 06/16/11 07:27 AM Re: Some men do try harder!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Annada Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved