The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#215112 - 10/20/11 10:55 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well this upcoming week I have to go to Pat's Memorial Service and pay respects to the family at the local funeral home. I can't get this out of my head. I don't know what to say to her husband. I hurt so bad I can't hardly stand it. What do you do when there's a void so big you could drive a truck through it?????

#215113 - 10/21/11 12:43 AM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I think you just said it, Jabber. The heart-felt emotion in your last two sentences is genuine and the family will understand it.

I'm so sorry you have a funeral to attend. I know Pat was a true friend to you and there's a feeling that your heart has been ripped apart. All you can do is honor the feeling and be there for her family.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215117 - 10/21/11 10:48 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
Thank you. Thank you enough for replying to my wimpy weakness.
I know everybody goes through this. And I've certainly have enough of it lately. Like many of you, I've been through a lot in my life; but this the worse, of the worse. Pat was the sweetest person I've ever known. And thanks for the prayers all of you prayed while she was so sick these past 8 and 1/2 months.

#215121 - 10/22/11 03:34 AM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

It's not wimpy weakness, Jabber. It's the price we pay for being human and having the ability to love and feel compassion. It's what makes you the wonderful woman that you are. And there is no need to apologize for it. Sending you strength and love.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215122 - 10/22/11 01:36 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thanks Anne.
Like I've said so often, it's hard being human!!! lol...

#215162 - 10/25/11 04:17 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Went to Pat's memorial service today and I feel like I had the
wind knocked out of me. I'm sure all of you have felt like this at one time or another. But God is good! And I'll bounce back, like I know I should.

#215164 - 10/25/11 04:31 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

We are praying for you, Jabber. Thanks for keeping us up to date on how you are handling this.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215177 - 10/26/11 02:24 PM Re: Friend needs continued prayer...! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thank you Anne. I need all the prayers I can get; true, blue friends don't come along everyday. She believed in me. She had faith in me. She loved me. And the feelings were mutual!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved