The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210476 - 01/17/11 05:16 AM When I least expect it...
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
When I least expect it, Larry takes my breath away. My husband is not the romantic type and his way of sweeping me off my feet is less than suave, however he does have his moments. Like tonight. We were watching TV sitting cuddled up together on the love seat. My best friend Nancy had a heart procedure day before yesterday.
A week ago Nancy asked me if I believed in Angels. I told her I did and we discussed them, who or what we think they are and about God. She told me she'd never given them any thought before and was surprised at how many of her friends believe in them. I asked her if she believes in Angels...she was quiet for a moment and then said, "I think I do."
Just before going into surgery Nancy complimented the nurse for treating her so well and the nurse looked down at her, smiled and said, "that's what I'm supposed to do...take care of you. I'm your Angel." Nancy could not believe what she was hearing.
During the procedure a complication arose. Nancy's blood pressure began dropping rapidly and she could hear the nurse calling out the falling numbers. Nancy looked up at the nurse and asked if she was going to die. The nurse told her no and they stabalized Nancy quickly by inserting a drain in her chest for fluids and blood. Thankfully, she is now back home safe and sound. When I spoke with Nancy she mentioned Angels again and told me how safe she'd felt. She had one by her side in that operation room.
Tonight as Larry and I were watching our movie Larry very quietly asked, "Has Nancy seen anymore Angels?" I stopped to think and before I could answer, Larry said, "She should be here." It took me a second to realize what he meant. I looked up at him. Larry continued, "I see an Angel every day." He had tears in his eyes. I got tears in mine. We hugged each other and I told him that was the most romantic thing I've ever heard. God, I love my husband. How did I get so lucky?

Edited by Dee (01/17/11 05:17 AM)

#210491 - 01/17/11 08:52 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dee]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for sharing, Dee. I got tears in my eyes just from reading your story. Thanks for sharing, and I hope Nancy is doing well.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210502 - 01/18/11 01:14 AM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The two of you are so fortunate Dee. One is a passionate and pure of heart as the other, something kind of rare in this world of ours. God Bless both of you.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210611 - 01/24/11 12:45 AM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I totally enjoy hearing about other happy couples. I have a horrendous cold and Ross has been catering to me all day. He came home from the food store with a bunch of flowers. Feeling blessed as I'm sure you are too Dee.

#210635 - 01/25/11 02:36 AM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Those are the kind of days I remember fondly Dotsie, with my second husband, he was truly the love of my life and I always felt so fortunate to have him. I was his Queen and he made me feel like it everyday we were together.

#210715 - 01/27/11 04:42 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Dotsie...first, I hope you're feeling better by now and I am so glad that you and Ross are a true love story. He sounds so precious and don't we appreciate them so much more when they do things like this? give him a big hug for me.
Larry brought me flowers day before yesterday and today while he's in New Orleans he sent me a love note...Wish I'd found this man years ago...but, thank my lucky stars that he's in my life now.

#210748 - 01/27/11 10:27 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, you always speak so kindly fo your second husband. Do you ever share those stories with your roomie? Hint - hint!

Dee, I just got an antibiotic today. I've been feeling with this way too long! Help is on the way.

So glad you have the pleasure of Larry in your life right now. I'm sure you're a gem to him too, so it works both ways!

#210757 - 01/28/11 02:34 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Reading about good husbands reminds me of my adoptive father.
What a wonderful man, that man was. WB looks something like him and acts a great deal like him.

Dotsie,
I hope you're better very soon.

Chatty,
Your second husband sounds like an angel. What sweet memories you have of him!!!

Dee,
Give the HUNK a kiss and hug, for you sound snug as a bug in a rug!

#210780 - 01/30/11 01:20 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Hey Jabber...I will for sure...he'll like that!
Dotsie...glad you're coming along...how are you doing today?
It's still cold!!!!

#211066 - 02/14/11 02:04 AM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You two Dee have become my sample couple for true love and a lasting relationship. I still can't believe he was a cyber catch, there are so few good ones out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved