The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21025 - 03/01/06 07:27 PM Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
If one was to open a store for women who are peri to post menopausal, what type of products would you think they should carry? I can see some comical items like T shirts and Fans with funny sayings, Of course humorous and serious books etc. Do you think it would be feasible as a brick and mortar with website combo. Are there any such stores out there yet?

I am kinda serious about this, so I would appreciate all kinds of opinions. What other ideas for merchandise do you have.

Thanks,
chick.

#21026 - 03/02/06 08:09 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Good vitamins. It always makes me question that my doctor tells me I need xyz amount of calcium every day but none of the daily vitamins have enough. I have to buy an additional bottle of it.

Maybe different lines of progesterone creams, etc.?

#21027 - 03/01/06 09:06 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Wow, this is a great idea. Cosmetics for good skin care. Body baths and lotions. Even perfumes. As our bodies change our perfumes will have to adjust. Greeting cards for menopausal women. Clothing changes for hot flashes....open collars, etc. Special tennis shoes for exercise that will help changes in our feet. (Perhaps you could tie in with Curves somehow) Furniture based on the new ergonomics of our ever changing bodies. How about hair care products for our changing hair. All these things are related to menopause even if not directly.

Even Eyeware as our eyes start changing more too! The list is probably even bigger, all the things that can be tied to menopause. Pillows that stay cool to the touch. Or maybe even mattress pads that stay cool to the touch. Maybe even some softer sheets for those who's skin becomes more sensitive. Even jewelry might be an option. I know that I have gone from wearing lots of jewelry to hating to wear hardly anything--it all 'bugs' me somehow. So jewelry that is lighter weight or somehow looser feeling might be good. I've even changed from a hand held purse to a shoulder one....Menopause is so different for each woman that the list could probably be endless.

How about types of fans--fans for the bedroom for hot flashes. Little fans for the car or for our desks, perhaps designer colors......

#21028 - 03/01/06 09:14 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
chickadee Offline

Wow starting over, you are on a roll...and I truly appreciate it. Dianne, I hear you about the vitamins.I don't know if theres a smaller calcium pill out there, but I will research that too. MOH (my other half) said this...don't relate the name too closely to menopause but enough to attract that group plus others. He said that we need to have more "pampering" stuff for ourselves like lingerie, powder puffs, pretty stuff. What a guy, huh. [Wink]
I need more of your brainstorming ideas ladies.And a name...
Franchaise anyone? [Wink]
chick

#21029 - 03/01/06 09:25 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chick
Great idea and your other half sounds like a great guy too!
Good luck with this!

All of the above ideas are great. I'll try to think of some too!

#21030 - 03/01/06 09:31 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What a great idea.. I'd go to that kind of store.

Products on protecting the joints. Skin care products. I've noticed my skin gets drier and drier every year. Especially my hands, so lots of lotions.

I love the idea of pampering items. Items that are more gentle to sensitive skin. I've noticed my skin gets more sensitive as I grow older.

Lots of great ideas already posted.

#21031 - 03/01/06 09:40 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think all of the above are excellent ideas... And don't forget about entertaining the shoppers as well...why not have a CD and Book Corner for ALL THINGS WOMEN???? You could carry humor books....an----what? Hey, just a thought..but you COULD carry Meredith's jewelry, Songbird's CD's, and talk about BOOKS! Are you EVER in the right place, eh?

I would think a resource center full of brochures on info for things like menopause, cargiving, pampering, traveling, singlehood, etc..etc...etc..
It could be one of those "round racks" full of brochures????

Also, what about an activity center in the back of the store??? That alone could pay your rent. Like one month have "cake decorating" (which I failed, by the way) or "Belly Dancing" or "Journaling" or "whatever those books are called where you paste stuff in um" or "you fill in the blank." Women could sign up....you could even do YOGA...

JJ

PYP - (Pursue Your Possibilities)

#21032 - 03/01/06 10:43 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I like the idea of having an activity center. There are many groups that could meet, knitting groups, Bible study, book groups, etc. It would be a draw to your store and you could provide beverages and snacks to increase your profit.

Daisygirl

#21033 - 03/01/06 11:15 PM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You could also have book signings there and invite famous people to come and do them and wine and dine them while they were there, but only if they wore a crown.................................................what?

Ohhhhhhhhh...alright....

Make sure you have computer access in the store so anyone wanting to come by and have a cup of coffee and pie with you, could also check their email while there. Hugs, JJ

#21034 - 03/02/06 02:35 AM Re: Menopause Store - help me brainstorm
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
OK I'm back again. Take it another step further. Menopause is a scary time when women are re-evaluating their life or trying to figure out who they are after kids, etc. why not add sessions on dream building or learning to journal or learning to capture our nightly dreams to find the answers that we clearly overlook during the day.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved