The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#209339 - 12/02/10 10:55 AM Mans worth...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Albert Einstein said:

The value of a man resides in what he gives and not what he is capable of receiving.

What do you think he meant by that?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209395 - 12/03/10 10:05 PM Re: Mans worth... [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Chatty,

IMHO, Einstein meant that society decides what value we have for the world as a whole based on what we give to the world, in terms of benefits to society.

I'm sure that is why so many of us want our legacy to be that we in some way left the world a better place... We don't want to be valued just on how much wealth we are capable of accumulating or how many children we bring into the world.

So for example, that is why we see Britain's Prince Charles working so hard to convince the world to live in ecological harmony, why Bill and Melinda Gates have a foundation, and why ordinary people are moved to become missionaries in Africa, help out during crises like the Katrina aftermath, or serve Thanksgiving or Christmas meals to those who don't have family they can spend the day with...

Your thoughts?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209409 - 12/04/10 09:46 PM Re: Mans worth... [Re: Anne Holmes]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I agree Anne. And I believe we get alot more back, when we give.

#209442 - 12/06/10 12:35 AM Re: Mans worth... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I feel fantastic as a caring human being when helping otrhers who need my help including all the animals...It brings me such joy tro see smiling faces and/or wagging tails.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209454 - 12/06/10 06:29 PM Re: Mans worth... [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

Anne
I agree with your statement

"I'm sure that is why so many of us want our legacy to be that we in some way left the world a better place.."

whether in a career or making a garden..planting a tree .

Also to regard other people with dignity and speak to them with respect.To speak up for people who are unable to do so for them selves.

recent disclosures on a famous website have shown how diplomats and others have said things they would rather not let us know about..these statements affect all of us.

#209456 - 12/06/10 09:34 PM Re: Mans worth... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Mountain Ash,

You're so right about the "Wikileaks" which is what I assume you are talking about.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209647 - 12/16/10 03:46 PM Re: Mans worth... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
If everybody lived by "The Golden Rule," it'd make the world a nicer place and day-to-day life easier to navigate, i.e.: treat
others the way you want to be treated. That alone would make everyone more giving and less demanding.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved