The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#209034 - 11/19/10 02:33 PM Re: My Daughter got a Masters Degree! but wait... [Re: DJ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Yonuh, Edelweiss, and DJ,
I've looked at those tables and tax bracket grafts; they are
interesting. No. I don't think lower income folks should
pay heavy taxes. And I do admire rich people giving to charities and the country's infrastructure upkeep. I realize the super
wealthy hide funds in other parts of the world. Yet I contend
if the corruption and graft were more tightly monitored and controlled, [that includes Wall Street] the national debt could
be scaled back.

Tonight's newspaper reports that the S.S. changes currently being considered, won't be implemented until todays 4-year-old's are ready to retire.

I'm thinking the problem here is, I haven't properly explained
background data to support my own stance. It's boring and I
outlined it a while ago.

Edited by jabber (11/19/10 07:58 PM)

#209066 - 11/20/10 10:04 PM Re: My Daughter got a Masters Degree! but wait... [Re: jabber]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Yes, we give our children every opportunity to advance themselves through education, the bank of mom and dad,loans, second mortgages to make this happen for them, and have high hopes for them finally attaining their degrees and moving forward in their path. But the day to day life for our young adults, once they leave the college scene, is very hard reaching for them.It's about impossible for young adults today to make a decent living, much less start their family. Our lives were hard, back in the early 70's, but we always worked and did what we had to, as our parents did, and I am grateful our sons have a deep work ethic, but it wrenches me so to hear how difficult it is for them to make it month to month, let alone save for later- and I am SO thankful they are working and independent! It seems like young adults and young families today have to go out on a wing and a prayer to have the life we would wish for them.It's definitely not our parents lives, nor ours- and there aren't many ways to paint a prettier picture for them- we just have to know we gave them the tools to move forward, and trust we gave them strength and insight..and hope we didn't give them too much as to make them complacent. And pray really hard that they can achieve their life path and some semblance of decent life..and by that I mean just being able to look forward to their future and be savvy enough to plan for it.

#209340 - 12/02/10 10:59 AM Re: My Daughter got a Masters Degree! but wait... [Re: judym]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All we can ever do as parents for our children, is feed them, nurture them, LOVE them, help them and comfort them and to give to them without any reward or any notice, has a special quality of it's own. We as parents give and give and pray they appreciate what we do for them, take it to heart and grow up to be kind and decent invividuals.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209435 - 12/05/10 08:22 PM Re: My Daughter got a Masters Degree! but wait... [Re: chatty lady]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Amen and Amen, that is what we do...and hope they carry that caring spirit forward to their own lives and future generations...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved