The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#207550 - 09/09/10 02:01 PM Re: Walking Once More... [Re: ]
Ellemm Offline

Another reply to help move the spam away.

Out, out!

#208254 - 10/08/10 12:49 AM Re: Walking Once More... [Re: Ellemm]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Don't reply to a spam or other type bad post. Send a PM to Anne so she can delete it, once one of us replys it cannot be deleted...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208500 - 10/19/10 01:13 PM Re: Walking Once More... [Re: chatty lady]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
About the shoes.........if you're talking about the Skecher's Shape Up's I have a pair of the original style they came out with and yes, when I wear them, I can feel it in my legs and butt the next day. And this is from somebody who walks every morning and then goes to the gym 5 days a week for weight lifting, step, Pilates, and Zumba classes. So I think they work. They've recently come out with a newer lower profile (not as built up in the sole, more like a regular aerobic shoe or sneaker) that you can supposedly wear for longer periods of time. When the first shoe came out it came with a DVD that warned you NOT to wear the shoe all day. It said you should start out wearing it for 30 minutes and then build up the time. Well I never did that. When I wear them, I tend to wear them all day, and they've never bothered me, it's not like I can't move the next day or anything. They're actually very comfortable. But I guess lots of women wanted to wear them all day and they saw that it would be profitable to make a lower version but I believe the price is about the same.........they're close to $100, I think. With that said, they are not good for anybody who has any type of balance problem or foot problem or trouble walking. I also have the FitFlops and love them, they're very comfortable, but I can't say I've ever felt any kind of muscle toning in my legs because of them.
A friend of mine recently bought a pair of Reebok EasyTone shoes. She wore them recently for the first time, all day, when we went hiking thru the woods for a couple of hours, out to lunch, did some shopping, etc. She loved them, and I tried them on, and liked them too. The next day she said she could feel it in her legs. They look much more like a regular sneaker than the Skecher's and I am thinking about getting a pair but since I already have the Skecher's, trying to convince myself I don't need to spend the money! Think they're about $80?? Champion makes a similar version that is being sold at Payless Shoes for $30 but they are not nearly as comfortable as the Reebok's for me. Tried on the Champions but didn't buy them. Just did not feel good on my feet. But the style is something you could wear anywhere, just looks like a regular sneaker.
With all that said...........my honest opinion is that it doesn't really matter what shoe you wear, as long as you get out and MOVE!! You don't need special shoes to build up your legs and butt. I just went to the Southern Women's show last weekend and of course vendors are pushing all kinds of crap promising to help us lose weight, shape our bodies, whiten our teeth, make our skin look younger, you name it. Yes I love trying some of this stuff as well as the next gal, but come on. Take care of yourself. Eat right, exercise, get a good night's sleep, we all really know the drill. Doing it is something else!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved