The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#208257 - 10/08/10 01:03 AM What makes you crazy?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate flying and it makes me nuts. Not the airplane particularily but the stinking airport. They have made it hell to be there waiting for a flight. I never expected to have to fly again but then when an emergency happens?????

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#208378 - 10/13/10 12:06 AM Re: What makes you crazy? [Re: chatty lady]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
A friend of mine had to suddenly fly for a family emergency. She described the whole travel process as a traumatic experience. She said it was very invasive. She said it's hard enough for her because she is morbidly obese, and people stare. But even if not MO, she said it was horrible. The security agents tore through her carefully packed luggage without any regard, and it felt like a disrespectful invasion. I'm flying the end of this month. You have to allow plenty of time to keep your nerves settled, but then, when it is an ER, it's difficult to plan for extra time. Oh, to have a private jet, and a limo to take us to the jet!

#209087 - 11/21/10 11:56 PM Re: What makes you crazy? [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

How did your trip go Lenore? I hope it wasn't too bad at the airport. The airports are the reason I refuse to fly. Not the plane ride itself just the airports, and now they are worse than ever.

#209375 - 12/03/10 10:04 AM Re: What makes you crazy? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

The thing that makes me most crazy is when I state an opinion about someone I have studied for quite sometime and am then questioned by someone who probably never opened a book about the person I criticized. That makes me crazy because it is usually a friend and not wanting to lose a friend or start a fight, I just keep quiet or am very cautious with my words...

#209413 - 12/05/10 03:45 AM Re: What makes you crazy? [Re: chatty lady]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks for asking Chatty. The aforementioned friend who was traumatized by treatment during security checks went before the pat-downs and body-scans. She's going to need a lot of support and therapy if she has to fly again. As for me, I get to stay put at home until the next ER. What makes me crazy in regards to your latest what makes you crazy is when people alter their authentic position in order to make statements that seem most convenient for the conversation in progress, although you know they said something different just the day before!

#209444 - 12/06/10 12:43 AM Re: What makes you crazy? [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I read in another thread Lenore that the dogs are doing nicely. That was to be my next question. I know how they are your and husbands babies.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved