The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#207585 - 09/10/10 10:15 PM Re: anybody cook with a pressure cooker? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I have a pressure cooker but have mainly used it for canning -- which I haven't done for at least a decade.

But here's Alton Brown's recipe for Pressure Cooker Chili -- Alton Brown's Pressure Cooker Chili

It appears Alton (of Food Network fame)has quite a bit of pressure cooker experience.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#207720 - 09/15/10 01:44 PM Re: anybody cook with a pressure cooker? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I have a pressure cooker that we use fairly often-weekly, because I use it to cook dry beans.

Beans is a must at our home and we use them regularly. I never buy canned beans so I use my pressure ccoker often. It saves time and gas.
NABBW & NAWW

#208243 - 10/07/10 02:05 PM Re: anybody cook with a pressure cooker? [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Songbird,
I love bean soup. In fact, I love baked beans. But I used
Grandma Browns and doctor 'em up. Good stuff!

#208656 - 10/29/10 08:15 PM Re: anybody cook with a pressure cooker? [Re: jabber]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
I have a very old (30plusyrs) pressure cooker that is still very functional (but always alarms me while cooking, keep waiting for her to blow!). There is an electric one out there now that is the bomb! No worries at all with this one, though I am to cheap to buy a new one. Pressure cookers are a very good tool, and I am glad to see them come to the fore once again like in the 70's. gotta say, though- I prefer the low and slow cooking.. crock pot to the rescue there! There isn't much you cant cook in a crock pot. The pressure cooker is good for the time crunch and a very useful tool. It saves a lot of energy (elect.,gas) for sure. One hazzard- if you have a smooth cooktop made of glass(the newer ranges) this is something to have to consider. My range of this sort won't even do the dutch oven for a long and slow without making some mess on the surface...I havent' truly tried my old faithful PC on there-but will do so soon cause my curious mind wants to know. A pot roast is great in a PC, and you can do a whole chicken. You gotta dig for the recipes, though, cause the PC has fallen away from favor. The oldies are the goodies for sure.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved