The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#20772 - 11/09/05 11:39 PM Re: Brain blocks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick,
Did your doc actually say the brain-freeze is menopausal? Good for you to go right over with those sores. My face is a constant mess...it's beyond horrible the last two days, but just the right cheek which is baffling. Believe me, I've looked at every possible cause I can think of. After months of avoiding and/or fasting from every one of those possible causes, and trying just about every remedy available, I'm leaning heavily towards it being hormonal...and looking forward to my full medical checkup at the end of the month.

Eczema is nasty. I have extremely dry skin, which makes me itch and flake constantly, no matter how much moisturizer I try slapping on throughout the day. It's not eczema...someone here suggested that constant dry skin is symptomatic of hypothyroidism, which I'm getting check at my medical. Did you get any special cream for the eczema? I hope it's easing off. Try not to scratch!

#20773 - 11/10/05 12:03 AM Re: Brain blocks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle...ahhh...I forgot to ask. Geesh...I will on the 22nd. I'll write that down,hah.
She gave me Elidel to mix with hydrocortozoneyweweug(spell, lol) and Ambien CR to help me sleep(at night). The Ambien did as much good as a tootsie roll.
I have the Eczema on my face, neck and Boobs, of all places. I really think it is a reaction to hot flashes and sweating in those areas (not to be gross). I can't shower after every hot flash cause I'd have to stand in the shower all day.
Chatty mentioned having a positive attitude while going thru menopause. I do. I am positive, I am going crazy. I am positive I have every medical condition known. I am positive I...gee I forgot.
Hang in ther pausler. I'm wih ya! We'll get thru this even if it kills us...or someone else.

A note...I feel like I am multiple personality and talk to myselves...Menopause is a strange friend!

chick(s) [Wink]

#20774 - 11/10/05 12:08 AM Re: Brain blocks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by chickadee:
Hang in ther pausler. I'm wih ya! We'll get thru this even if it kills us...or someone else.

A note...I feel like I am multiple personality and talk to myselves...Menopause is a strange friend!

Uh, Chick, who's "pausler"...is she/he one of your "selves"?

#20775 - 11/10/05 12:11 AM Re: Brain blocks
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Talk to myselves!!!LOL [Big Grin] Good one!!

#20776 - 11/10/05 05:30 AM Re: Brain blocks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use to say this to my ex when he said I had a split personality....."Yea, well I have multiple personalities and none of them like you." [Eek!]

#20777 - 11/10/05 08:47 AM Re: Brain blocks
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Ok. Now I know I'm nuts.

'cause I'm agreeing with everything you people are saying (I was gonna say guys but I am feelling this is a politically incorrect term in these forums) and I'm sure you're nuts. At least one of me thinks so.

Eczema has been a foe of mine for ummmmm - well, I had it BAD when I was a kid - used to "skritch" (what a GREAT word Chick) (no, the P
EERFECT word) (and kinda sounds like a Chick) my arms to bleeding. Then it went away for ohhhh, 30 years. Now it's back. I have on boobs, on face, on well, everywhere. I notice it has to do with stress. I personally just ignore it the best I can. One thing I've found that works is just too stupid. I am the QUEEN of the Dollar Store and I found and anti-itch cream for G knows what, but I thought it would be a good thing to have around, so I bought it. Tried it one night on my eczema, and lo and behold, it worked! Now whenever I have the slightest "skritch" I run for the anti-itch stuff and it stops it in it's tracks, Go figure...But for a buck, go give it a try.

#20778 - 11/10/05 11:27 PM Re: Brain blocks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Gotta love those dollar store hon! Go back and buy them out. It's the kind of thing that you may never find again.

#20779 - 11/11/05 12:24 AM Re: Brain blocks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Searcher...exactly what is the name of this cream? I'll try anything. What the Dr ordered makes it itch more. Maybe we need to buy it up and repackage for 'miracle cream?'

Chatty, I bet your X didn't like 'you's' very much, huh?

chick

#20780 - 11/11/05 02:42 AM Re: Brain blocks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Funny thing about that Chickadee when I loved him madly he treated me like an itch (keeping with the subject) then when I got mad and treated him the same way, he wanted to make nice. It went on and on like that, on and off again until I had had enough and kicked him to the curb and he still wants to come back and won;t leave me alone, Go figure!!! Too late because "WE ALL" hate him....LOL [Big Grin]

#20781 - 11/11/05 02:49 AM Re: Brain blocks
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Should we be calling you Chatty Ladies?? Or are some of "youse" quiet? ( I doubt it....) [Razz]

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved