The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#20762 - 11/06/05 11:31 PM Re: Brain blocks
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Bluebird
It's a good thing we don't live in colonial times as inability to recite the Our father was one sign of a witch-
But seriously I think doctor's are much too quick to blame all our symptoms on menopause or peri-meno. When I was all upset because my toes were numb and crying in the dr's office because my one year older brother just had a stroke and I thought this was mine he put me on Zoloft , took a blood test and told me to come back in a month to check my medication- dumb me listened- a month later I was a zonked out zombie still with no feeling in my toes and "cured" as only menopausal- so I suffered 9 months til I could hardly walk because I was mad and stubborn and ended up with spinal decompression surgery.
So please get a checkup but I know I get foggy too- Eagle I once called my husband by my Ex's name as I was mad and couldn't find words-not good

#20763 - 11/07/05 08:45 AM Re: Brain blocks
Dreamer Offline

Heaven knows I get what I call "Brain Lock" fairly often and always at the most embarrasing times - I definitely believe menopause has something to do with it; however, stress and tension play a large part in it, too. And I find the more I worry about it, the worse it gets. If I am fully focused I rarely experience a memory glitch, but if there is a lot on my mind and my attention wanders (I am terrible about this!) it happens a lot!

I personally feel there is so much information for us to process every day from so many sources, and we try to do so many things in a day that we are often on mental/intellectual overload and this is a natural response! It's annoying, but everyone I know seems to experience the same thing from time to time!

We need to learn to 'chill' a little, relax and try not to put so much pressure on ourselves - far easier said than done.

The wonderful thing is we have each other to talk to about this, and so much more - I am so very thankful to have found all of you. Thank you, Dotsie.

#20764 - 11/07/05 07:01 PM Re: Brain blocks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dreamer, you are very welcome. It brings me tremendous pleasure.
Now what was the topic?

[Big Grin] [Razz]

#20765 - 11/08/05 08:28 AM Re: Brain blocks
Dreamer Offline

Topic? Huh?

#20766 - 11/08/05 01:04 AM Re: Brain blocks
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Now why did I come in this room??? [Wink]

#20767 - 11/08/05 08:27 AM Re: Brain blocks
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Ok, It's my turn to admit.

Here's the problem. I used to be such a good speller. I just somehow "knew" how to spell words. I think I just read so much that the words were stamped on my memory.

It's a different story now. Some of you know that I was whining so much about my spelling that Danita SENT me a dictionary....Yep. It came in the mail. Said, "Searcher, I found your dictionary....It was looking for you also!!!". Pitiful. And now I have to use a magnifying glass to see the entries!!?@#$@#!@@!!! Woe is me.

A little seriously tho', I LOOK at the words I write, and they just don't look right. I think, that's not how you spell that word, is it? I swear. And that's just not right.........

Search

#20768 - 11/08/05 09:18 AM Re: Brain blocks
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Searcher,

I'm with you! What blows my mind is that even my fingers have forgotten how to spell words. I look at something I have written and my fingers have written the wrong form of a word. Come hear. NOOOOOOO! Come here!

wat is rong with me????

hugs to ya sista!

d.

#20769 - 11/08/05 11:14 AM Re: Brain blocks
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
OMG Danita,

How funny ARE you? And I have no idea what's wrong with you 'cause I don't know what's wrong with me!!!!! Didn't I tell you I left my phone in the CAR????

#20770 - 11/08/05 02:32 PM Re: Brain blocks
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
These brain freezes happen to me too..but usually when I am stressed out..my kids laugh because I will say.."honey..please turn the oven on in the powder room"..but now they know I mean the kitchen and one of them will say..."Mom, what are you stressed out about today?" It makes me angry when I forget words and I feel old..but everyone I talk to say it happens to them once in a while too...we just all have so much on our minds...it's a shame we just can't add space on our brains the way we can with our computers... [Big Grin]

#20771 - 11/09/05 10:49 PM Re: Brain blocks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Posting here so not to cover up posts.The results are in...the Doc says I am definitely menopausal...like I didn't know.
I have the brain freeze plus I broke out in sores...yes, I went ballistic yesterday and zipped over to her office. I couldn't wait for my appointment on the 22nd. I imagined everything in the world and when checked, my BP and heart rate were way up there(first time for that too). Turns out, I have eczema. Eczema? Anyone have this happen in menopause? skritch, skritch. [Eek!]
chick

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved