The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20677 - 10/21/05 04:18 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, aka medicine woman.

d.

#20678 - 10/21/05 11:26 PM Re: Is it me or what???
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Well, I started the B12 drops on Monday. I still don't have the energy I am used to having. I was anemic last year when I went to Doc and she said eat more meat, take vitamins. I did but next visit(this year) I am still aenemic. I have tons of energy all summer long, but now I have a disinterested feeling in everything...I don't want to go out or do anything. I have become a night owl...and it's not a hoot! It will pass, I just feel like whining a bit, I guess.
Chatty, about the cookbook, what do you think? I guess we could research menopause and foods for a few months to see what we can come up with. I'm good with the menopause and you're good with the food...ha ha. Hey you just never know Chatty...maybe that's our calling for this year.
Eagle, I can picture your basement and you on the computer...wish I had a basement these days.
Jammie days for me here.
chick

#20679 - 10/22/05 03:17 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chick if your anemic too then the B12 can only do 1/2 the job. It sounds like you need iron in your blood as well but be careful because too much iron is as bad as too little. I have done the research for the types of foods good for menopausal women both pre and post menopausal...I have a library you can't imagine of this stuff....

#20680 - 10/22/05 04:02 AM Re: Is it me or what???
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chick,
You should check with your doctor about the cause of your anemia. There are several kinds and it can be very serious as hemoglobin in the blood carries oxygen to all of the tissues. The most common types are:

Pernicious anemia from a B12 deficiency which can result from a vegetarian diet without supplementation, lack of the intrinsic factor necessary for absorption of B12 in the stomach, alcoholism, and other causes. It can be treated by sublingual B12 to be absorbed under the tongue or B12 injections.

Iron deficiency anemia is the most common type of anemia and can result from a lack of iron in the diet or from hemmorrhage. It is treated with iron supplementation, but over injestion of iron can cause other problems so it is important to be followed by a physician.

Sickle cell anemia is an inherited defect in the red blood cell that impairs its ability to carry oxygen. It is often accompanied by type I diabetes and is most common in the black population.

There are other types of anemia, but those are the ones I've seen most often. Exhaustion is a common symptom of anemia, but it also lowers your resistance to disease and can be quite dangerous.

I hope you can get some help with it. Prayers coming your way.
smile

#20681 - 10/23/05 01:13 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chickadee Offline

Chatty, that's great. I am going to research and see if and how many books on the subject exist already. My daughter is going to be in Nevada in Feb. I am thinking of joining her. Maybe I can meet you for lunch or a book signing...or both...you just never know.
Smiles, thank you for your info and especially your prayers. I am going to make the appointment on Monday. I will ask her what type I have and what else I can do. Will keep you posted.
chick

#20682 - 10/24/05 01:19 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Okee dokee chickadee...Smile may be here in february too. Look out world Boomers meeting!! Would that be cool or what, plus another boomer lives here now....

#20683 - 10/24/05 01:31 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chickadee Offline

Wouldn't that be nice, Chatty...Week of Feb 14th for me if I decide to go. Smiles?
chick

#20684 - 10/24/05 01:44 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
What's this?? Vegas in February?? I'm coming!

#20685 - 10/24/05 02:53 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh be still my heart and this is one time I WILL BE THE LAS VEGAS WELCOME WAGON and yes Dotsie I am yelling....and dancing and laughing, come on down everyone. Party!!!! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool] Boomer babes.

[ October 23, 2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#20686 - 10/24/05 03:01 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I'm serious, Chatty - I don't live that far from you. I would definitely come!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved