The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20667 - 10/19/05 10:09 PM Re: Is it me or what???
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A parsnip is shaped like a carrot -it is not the colour of a carrot, it doesn't taste like a carrot and shouldn't be used for a snow man's nose. A carrot grows in the ground- unlike parsnip, as we all know grows on trees...pear trees.

Now I'm feeling Christmassy...

Sleep in heaven he peeeees...sleeeppp in heaven he peeees.
chick

#20668 - 10/19/05 10:19 PM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by chickadee:
Sleep in heaven he peeeees...sleeeppp in heaven he peeees.

Chickadee, thanks a lot for that imagery! It's such a sleepy day here, AND pouring...and it's too dim to see what colour it is. The rain on my pane will never be the same again.

#20669 - 10/20/05 02:24 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eagle its been pouring here as well now for two days and nights. I think some of the lower areas have floated out into the desert by now. I am staying inside and trying to finish up some real estate paper work plus am making a scrumptous veal stew. Oh my, it smells so good in here right now....want to come over for dinner?

#20670 - 10/20/05 03:22 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks for the invite Chatty. If it wasn't such a long drive in the rain, I'd definitely accept! Tonight I made a hot ratatouille (sp?)...it's one of our favourite fall/winter dishes. Eggplant, onions, red pepper and mushrooms sauteed together, then put in a casserole dish with a can of Italian stewed tomatoes, covered with a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella cheese (and I top it with wheat germ instead of bread crumbs) and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Very healthy and hearty for a dim, cold, rainy autumn night!

But can I take a (no pun intended) rain-check for that veal stew?

#20671 - 10/20/05 08:25 PM Re: Is it me or what???
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I'll be over in a minute. That's sounds yummy.

Chatty, veal stew? I applaud you for making such delicious meals while living alone. I'd be tempted to eat munchy stuff if I lived alone.

#20672 - 10/20/05 11:44 PM Re: Is it me or what???
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Menopause Meals...where's the cookbook? Anyone want to put one together with me?

Back to menopause- the symptoms- Brenda and all, I can relate so much to what you are saying...
I don't have the energy of a f*rt dragged through a bag of nails. I can't decide if it's no energy or pure laziness. I don't want to do ANYTHING. I am usually an energetic,get up and go person but now I have to turn on the lights just to feel alive. I am forcing myself to make my bed in the morning(well late morning).
It feels like I am trapped in my own skin??? I want to scream...but I don't know why??? Menopause is such a strange temporary disease. What is everyone else doing about these crazy unusual "symptoms".

Anyone have a B12 shot? I'd like to know what you think about getting one.
I was going to go see the Doc, but I even keep putting that off...too lazy to make the call [Roll Eyes]

Brenda, are you still feeling the same way as you did when you started this post?

chick

#20673 - 10/21/05 02:23 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well Dotsie for awhile I "munched" myself into Blimpo woman, it was too easy to gain junk food pounds. Now I cook delicious meals just as if I was having dinner guests and freeze left overs or take them to a neighbor who lives alone. It took me sometime to learn to cook smaller meals but now I can.....

Eagle Heart my door is always open and there is usually something on the stove.....

Chickadee already have the start of a cookbook and one thats done but a Menopause cookbook sounds like fun and I'm in if you want to tackle it.....

[ October 20, 2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#20674 - 10/21/05 02:54 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Chatty, hubby and I have been talking for a couple of years about going to Las Vegas. Neither of us have been there and we have enough air miles saved up to fly there for free. If we go, we'll stay at a hotel, but might well take you up on your offer for a Chatty-cooked meal! It won't be for another year or two, though.

Chick, check into that B12 thing. I have problems absorbing B12 and once in awhile it gets "dangerously low"...I can tell when it's low, because my body feels like a deflated balloon and the fatigue literally renders me immobile for days at a time.

I take B12 supplements, but can't absorb those well enough either, so have to get it in my diet...I eat an egg every day, and have to eat red meat regularly to keep the B12 levels reasonably stable. If we go even two weeks without red meat, the B12 falls. Which might explain why becoming a vegetarian in my 30's almost killed me. Nobody at the time connected it to an inability to absorb the B12 in the vitamin supplements I was taking, the doctors just told me that I had to eat meat.

Unfortunately, the low B12 doesn't explain the chronic fatigue, which could have dozens of other reasons...including menopausal hormonal imbalance and SAD (Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder, which hits people right about now).

[ October 20, 2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#20675 - 10/21/05 03:58 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Eagle Heart, hopefully if all goes well I should still be here in a couple of years to greet you. Say ever tried the liquid B12. You put a drop under your tongue and it is instantly dissolved into your system. Really works and will give you some kick butt energy as well. You can take most vitamins under your tongue. This way they go directly into the blood stream bypassing the stomach acids....Dr. Chatty will see you now, LOL!

[ October 20, 2005, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#20676 - 10/21/05 04:15 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks, Dr. Chatty! I've never tried the drops, but will look into it...I just have to figure out what I'll do with my newfound "kick-butt-energy" when it hits. I've been so laid-back and tranquil for so long now, am not sure how to be anything else anymore. While I don't like the fatigue, I do enjoy living life at my own pace now. But a little kick-butt-energy couldn't hurt in the right circumstances...

[ October 20, 2005, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved