The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#20595 - 09/01/05 09:52 PM Re: Can anyone relate?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Dotsie, every once in awhile I will read a post that states, "they are doctors, they have our best interests at heart".

Wrong answer, might have been naive at one time to believe that, or want to have believed that, but no longer.

Last time I visited for the swollen ankle & foot, inflammation medicine was given to treat.
Once home, looked the medication up on the drug interaction checker & sure enough there it was on 3 medications I currently take, as not reacting well at all.

No, I didn't take it. Give prescription drugs like no tomorrow, but just mention herbs and it's like your from another planet, the FDA says this & that yada-yada.

Great site by the way, herbs are included:
http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Home

Keep looking for any herb that might help, but most of those interact with the blockers or Zocor that I take. Any thoughts, or ideas accepted.

Feel real blessed that we have medical, as so many others are not as blessed.
But, do so wish, more compassion was used by the medical system. Would they feel or act differently if it was their wife, mother, sister, or family member?

Only "good hands" I am in, happens to be God's.

Brenda

#20596 - 09/02/05 09:39 PM Re: Can anyone relate?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
My husband received a email from a retired military friend he works with, he left work the other day not feeling well.
Just wanted to share the contents of that mail.

Well, I'm back home and am very fortunate to have no coronary problems. After spending the last day and a half in cardiology, all test went very well and came back with negative results. However, the cardiologist is convinced that the medications that the Naval Clinic prescribed, to clear the sinus infection, caused a really bad interaction with the blood pressure medication I take. The Guaifenesin Pseudoephedrine, prescribed by the Naval Clinic, when mixed with Altace (Bp medication) triggers spasms within the coronary artery. It creates pain in the chest, numbness in the arm and spasms in the neck. It also sends the heart out of rhythm and can potentially damage the heart. This is not some thing I want to go through again. Fortunately, I have no apparent damage and all seems to be working well. The cardiologist was troubled by the fact that a physician would prescribe the Guaif/Pseud to someone on BP medication and said a good pharmacist should have caught it and double checked with the doctor before issuing the medications.

The cardiologist has the Naval Clinic phone number and I'm contacting their patient representative this morning. So, I'm going to wait and see what action the Naval Clinic takes, before I push it up the chain of command. [Mad]

When I questioned awhile back about some of my own medications, I was told the computer system would catch any & all interactions at the pharmacy level.....evidently not.

Some have said it's due to the war in Iraq, not enough personnel. In my personal opinion I have not see any less personnel in the pharmancy ot clinic that I visit.

[Frown]

Brenda

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved