The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#200923 - 03/15/10 01:29 AM Live and Learn...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not sure about any of you here but to me this new situation in our United States is happening in our life for the first time.

I grew up in a fruitful America where small business was the backone of our country. Today it is being not only discouraged but undermined by big government. This isn't the point I am making however but just wondering is it me or do you find yourself as the days go by "learning" more and more about the system, and getting both afraid and disgusted? I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200946 - 03/15/10 11:32 AM Re: Live and Learn... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Agree. I do try and support the small business owners when I can. And my prayer each weekend is "Lord, keep me out of Wal-mart."

#201000 - 03/15/10 09:32 PM Re: Live and Learn... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am afraid to go into WalMart after seeing those horrendous pictures of WalMart shoppers that came around in my emails, the ones I forwarded...YIKES!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203809 - 05/24/10 03:39 PM Re: Live and Learn... [Re: chatty lady]
jakkom Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area, CA
What exactly disgusts and scares you about the 'system'?

We live in a representative democracy with an economic system of capitalism. A messy beast, but as someone once said, it's still better than anything else available. Americans are an incredibly prosperous people, but sometimes we forget to remember that. Marrying a first-generation immigrant really reminded me of this.

We have the opportunity to choose our lives, something which many people in the world do not. I am constantly thankful for the beauty, peace, and diverse choices we have every day. I certainly wish some things were different, but the fact that so much remains either undone or needs to be changed, is what compels us to keep actively engaged with life's issues, rather than becoming complacent.

I do wish someone had made it more clear to me that the choices one makes when younger can have unexpected consequences that reverberate through one's mature years - but I probably wouldn't have truly understood that anyway, when I was 25, LOL.

#203810 - 05/24/10 03:45 PM Re: Live and Learn... [Re: jakkom]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I choose to not focus on what disgusts me, rather on the things that bring me joy.

I agree totally about the "understanding choices we make" when we were younger. It would have been wasted breath on me. I was going to live forever and the world was my oyster.

Hmm...wait. It still is.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved