The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#20316 - 10/28/05 05:27 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Mer Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I am always much warmer than other people. Used to be I was as cold as everyone else. This is a plus in the Fall and Winter. One way to look at it! I wear short sleeves all winter and have my hair up. I also have a cute little pink fan with a smiley face on it on my desk that I call my "hot flash fan." I turn it on and off all day at work as needed. I look around and see everyone else in sweaters, meanwhile mine sit in the closet not getting used. Summertime clearance racks in the Fall are my best friend! Mer

#20317 - 10/28/05 05:57 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mer, I can just picture you there with your little pink fan. Whatever works!

#20318 - 10/29/05 02:59 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mer, I'm Flushing, Fanning, Freezing, all in a 30 second span. My little chinese paper fan is my saviour.
My sleeping habits changed drastically last week. I normally would go to bed around 10ish and out like a light.( all my life! )
Now it's 10's in the morning...and that's for a nap. I can't sleep. I am beginning to wear down from the upheaval. My seratonin is royally screwed up.
chick

#20319 - 10/29/05 05:38 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
"I'm somewhere between estrogen and DEATH!" --Erma Bombeck

Some days it feels so true!

#20320 - 10/29/05 06:32 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#20321 - 10/30/05 07:41 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
wtcoach Offline

Loc: New York City
I have started taking Evening of Primrose Oil for hot flashes and seems to be helping. I take 1 pill with each meal.

#20322 - 10/30/05 09:15 AM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Dreamer Offline

I'm so glad I read this topic tonight - it is 12:17 a.m. and I cannot sleep. I've been getting 3-4 hours of sleep each night for about 3 years. Once in a while I sleep longer, but not often. I get up and read or get on the computer - then go back to bed and sleep for an hour - then another hot flash and I'm wide awake! The worst ones are when other people are around - my face literally drips and I'm constantly trying to discreetly mop it with a kleenex - men are so lucky! I do notice it much more in the summer - thanks for the tip, Chatty Lady - I'm going to find some of that spray!

Does anyone else have trouble with the majority of the heat in your face?

#20323 - 10/30/05 01:53 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ah, yes. It is 2:45 and I have been awakened by yet another hot flash. Thank God I have this place to come to and kill some time. At least It's not lonely sitting up in the night. I'm not a TV person.

Heat in the face for me too Dreamer but not dripping or red looking. My fan helps. I just want to sleeeep.
Evening of primrose? In pill form? Tell me more wtcoach. And Welcome by the way.
I am having a "woe is me" feeling...that's not usually me. Or is it? Can't decide, ha ha.
I think there is a fine line between being menopausal and being half nuts. (In my case anyway)
Hang in menopausalers. There's better days, er nights ahead!
I have a question. Do any of you think your PMS symptoms are any indication of how bad your menopause will be(is)?

chick

[ October 30, 2005, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#20324 - 10/30/05 07:23 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick, I was awakened three times last night by hot flashes. If I had known, I would have called you!

Crazy thing is, I never get them except near the end of the week that I am taking the Pill blanks. I can't imagine what my symptoms would be like if I wasn't on the pill.

PMS and menopause? I don't know about that. Good question.

#20325 - 10/30/05 07:44 PM Re: Hot flashes anyone??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oh Dreamer I can't even imagine 3-4 hours sleep for the last three 3 years. My lack of sleep has been for the last 8 months or so.
Fast walk, every night about 7p.m. for 30 minutes, take a hot bath, read until 11 and lights out. Normally I'm back up at 2, for the bathroom walk. [Roll Eyes]

Back to bed..if I'm lucky I will fall asleep for another 3 hours if not...thats it. Toss and turn, too many people in the house to move about. If, I leave the bedroom, the girls start barking...then everybody in the house is up. [Eek!]

Here lately if I haven't had sleep in a couple of days, I will take the OTC sleep pill with out the tylenol 25 mg. dose.
Not sure if the glow in the dark feeling wakes me up (hot flash), or if it's just the routine of hitting the bathroom at the same hour every night.

Chick, my eratic PMS symptoms were just awful.. I went no where without a bag of pads. Flooding was unbelivable, not 30 minutes went by without a change. Frantic feelings came over me, hence your feeling of fine line. At the time I had no clue as to what was happening to me. Cramps over the top feelings, crying...

My mom and I never got around to this talk, always heard about menopause but, never in my wildest dreams would have thought this!
Menopause talk seems to be a taboo to alot of women. Not sure why.
It does help to know we are not the only ones. It's soothing to know others are feeling and going thru the exact same symptoms.

Read, where some ladies state the meno thing only lasting a couple of years, or sometimes ten years, then some with no symptoms at all. Most days it feels like my body has been wrung of every hormone it has ever held, and then squeezed again just to make sure none are left.
No symptoms at all...does not apply to me.

One day at a time...

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved