The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#20149 - 02/20/05 03:03 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well Kristie from personal experience my body began in my late 40's to change and I was into full fledge Menopause at age 50 when my period stopped and never returned. I am one of the lucky ones I guess, other than mode swings which could also be attributed to a rotten marriage thats the only suffering I've done. By age 60 a full ten years all's well and NO ladies it doesn't go on forever. I said in an earlier post that all I ever took was Wild Yam Capsules, one a day did the trick. Stopped those about 4 years ago. I felt fine and still do. I looked forward to NO MORE PERIODS!! I think going into this condition, "The Change" happily does make a difference. There is nothing to fear. [Big Grin]

#20150 - 02/20/05 09:28 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
I started having period changes in my early 40s. The last time I experienced a period was September, 1996, when I was 47 years old. (Must have been a red letter date for me since I remember the month!)

The only symptoms I ever had were rather unique hot flashes. One ear would turn bright red! I could feel the heat. So I knew it was happening, but when you have short hair with exposed ears, it can be rather embarrassing. It wasn't always the same ear - so they were balanced hot flashes (!) My husband says that I never had mood swings that were any different than the ones I had before [Big Grin]

I tried hormone therapy once for about two weeks at my mother's insistence. It made me feel weird. So I quit. I tried Estroven once to see if my ear thing would stop, but I didn't like them either. I guess I don't like to take medicine.... Anyway, I always feel better without the treatments. I took birth control pills for 15 years when I was young - so I definitely didn't want to get back on them.

Anyway, I'm 56 this month, and I have no more symptoms of any kind that can be blamed on menopause. Now if I could figure out how to live a stress-free life, I would either have a perfect life or be bored out of my mind.
LOL

#20151 - 02/20/05 10:37 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
MClubPrez Offline

Loc: Ohio
I went to see Menopause the Musical yesterday with some girlfriends. Getting ready, I rushed around looking for my glasses, got flustered, had a hot flash, almost cried, and flew out of the house without my glasses OR my coat!

How appropriate to have a menopausal meltdown on the way to a play about menopause... [Roll Eyes]

Has anyone seen the musical yet?

#20152 - 02/20/05 11:45 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've not seen it, but would love to hear more. Several years ago I wrote a short musical called Hormones, Hormones, Hormones and was recently contacted by a Women in Business organization about performing it. Any info about the Menopause musical would be helpful.
smile

#20153 - 02/21/05 05:20 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
MClubPrez Offline

Loc: Ohio
smile, they have a website at Menopause the Musical

how exciting! where and when will you be performing Hormones?!

#20154 - 02/21/05 06:52 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thanks Prez. I'll check that out. The performance will be in Michigan. Not sure of the exact location or date yet and I know from experience that lots can change before anything actually hits the stage, but it's been fun revising the script and songs. The Menopause website will help I'm sure. Thanks again.
smile

#20155 - 02/21/05 09:38 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathryn, I saw it with some friends about a year ago. We laughed so hard. Every single topic they touched on hit home. We guffawed so much that a man sitting with his wife kept giving us dirty looks, but we couldn't control ourselves.

Smile, tell us more about your play.

#20156 - 02/23/05 05:54 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I saw it too, last summer, with my mother and sister. It was absolutely hysterical! I think it is on national tour, so it comes to your area, do yourself a favor and check it out.

#20157 - 03/05/05 11:38 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
coffeemom Offline

Dotsie, I don't know the answer, but I'd like to know, too. I haven't had a period since September, but I've had hot flashes consistently. I won't miss those!

Also, I constantly crave sweets. I wish that would go away. It's a fight to keep the weight down.

Coffeemom

#20158 - 03/05/05 09:03 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I read somewhere that menopause can last from 12 months to 6-7 years..

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved