The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#20109 - 11/19/04 10:30 PM question about when menopause ends
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've heard that after you haven't had your period for a year, you are in menopause. Does that mean all the symptoms should be gone after that year? Please forgive my stupidity...

#20110 - 11/19/04 10:39 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Either that or you've given birth...you will know right away which one it is too...

what?

JJ

#20111 - 11/19/04 10:57 PM Re: question about when menopause ends
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
JJ,
LOL LOL LOL
But seriously, I'm glad you asked that Dotsie, my friend and I are just getting started on this and were discussing it this morning. We are both getting the flashes and I know I've been forgetful. Some other unmentionable symtoms also. How long does this last?

#20112 - 11/20/04 12:27 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
Sher Offline

Loc: Midwest
As soon as you guys have an answer, I'd appreciate it if you'd call my family and let them in on it. I overhear them talking about turning me loose in the woods at night. I think the only thing that prevents them from going ahead with their plot is the fear I'd find my way back home and then they'd really be in for it.

My doc told me the other day that perimenopause is defined as the period of "symptoms" leading up to menopause and menopause can only be diagnosed after you've actually gone through it. That would lead me to believe that once I'm through it, my symptoms are over. Unfortunately, I'll likely be living wild in the forest by then and no one will know but me. [Wink]

#20113 - 11/20/04 01:22 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Sher.
I can't wait to tell my friend that there is a name for what we have! Perimenopause. It still sucks though!

#20114 - 11/20/04 01:28 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Gee, there's puberty, then menses, then pregnancy and post-partum depression. Then you get peri menopause and menopause then post menopause and osteoporosis then senility and old age and by then death is probably a relief.

The whole thing is making me cranky. I think I'll head for the forest now.
Boy it's always something.
smile

#20115 - 11/20/04 03:09 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh puleaseeee...what a bunch of whiney-butts...

Listen up. Use this period of time in your life to have some fun and at the same time, get that revenge you've only dreamed about. I mean...your family knows you're unpredictable...play it up?

"Honey, what's for supper?
"Anything you want to fix BUCKO...are we clear?"

"Sugar, have you seen the TV remote?"
"You want to watch TV while I'm suffering and in need of chocolate? Do you want me to die? Do you want me to expire on the spot? Are you truly that thoughtless?" (when he runs from the room, sit back and turn the TV back on...enjoy)

These are just the tip of the ice berg girls! Use your imagination! Make your children afraid NOT to clean their rooms. Make them VERY afraid. You will get more help and more boxes of chocolate than you can imagine.

What are you women, rookies?

JJ

#20116 - 11/20/04 03:26 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
[Big Grin] DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THIS WOMAN AND HER REMARKABLE HUMOR, I DO!!! [Big Grin]

I am convinced that when Erma Bombeck passed away her unique & wonderful spirit went in search of a home and found our Queen JJ.. Georgia you RULE!! [Razz]

#20117 - 11/20/04 03:35 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay Miss Queenie Bombeck. I say you just stop that cheerful crap when I'm having a major PITY PARTY here.

What do you think I'm doing all that whining for? Of course it's to get myself up for a major MAN-up-your-lation!!

I already got Dan bringing me dinner (left over chili that HE heated up) and loading the dishes in the dishwasher and letting me hold the remote. All cause I think I'm having a hot flash or something which means I have to lay on the couch with my laptop, watch TV, talk on the phone, and POST on the boomersite.

Hormones!!
smile

#20118 - 11/20/04 05:07 AM Re: question about when menopause ends
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well holy moly! Why didn't you say so? Now THAT my flashin' friends is a Veteran in motion...pure genius...and you say he gives you the remote too? Oh I'm so proud of you! Keep it up and next thing ya know, he'll be filling up your car with gas, and putting that stuff in it for ya...let's see, what's it called? Oh yeah, oil.

JJ

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved